Studying from home with 15 month old LO...

MummysMiracle

Reaction score
Does anybody study from home? I have a 15 month old little boy and find it hard enough working 4 days a week as it is, but my dream is to become a midwife and i need to do an access course first which can be done from home. This sounds perfect, as a lot of things do but I'm just wondering how many others do anything like this and also go to work, is it manageable or am I kidding myself? I really want to start now but reading posts by other ladies online is making me think I should wait until LO is a little older.

I fell pregnant midway through the last year of my part time masters. I deferred my dissertation to the longest possible time which was two years and I personally am struggling to get it finished. I have to get oh to take little one for the whole weekend and I try an do some work in the evenings too but it is to the detriment of the state of the house etc. it's doable but its hard and you have to be very motivated and very strict on your time. Good luck!

I'm studying my masters part time distance learning while working 4 days a week, for me the most important thing is my DH he is very supportive and when I get close to an assignment deadline he will look after LO for most of the weekend and keep the house up straight despite working long hours himself, I couldn't do it without him. I try and get most of my reading done on my commute and in my lunch hour, we are even going to try for #2 in a couple months :/ I am doing well ATM and got a distinction for my first module, I think where I will struggle is the dissertation but if I can try and get the diploma done in 2-2.5 years like I am on track to do that means I will have 2.5-3 years to get the dissertation done, but I can always pull out with the diploma and be qualified in my field if I get cold feet. I think the main thing is to think about if and when you want more children and how supportive you think your partner will be or whoever you have around you for support (we don't live near family). Many people told me to wait until I has "completed my family, and they are older" but tbh I find the baby years a struggle anyway so I am glad to et this all done and dusted lol, plus at least DS won't remember me studying, I try not to let it impact on my time with him but it'll only be until he's 4 and he won't remember that!

I'm studying part-time with a 3 yr old and 2 yr old :thumbup: I started my fist class when my youngest was 8 months old. You can do anything when you set your mind to it all you have to do is be consistent and disciplined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->