stuffy nose - medised?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
so Ffion *and me* has a stuffy nose and a temp and ive got no idea how to handle it.. Rhys has never ever had a stuffy nose or a cold for that matter!

its all MILs fault.. she was cuddling Ffion the other day for ages before announcing that she felt rough and had a cold :dohh: wonderful!

was wondering if i should give her medised?

I think the advice now is not to give medised to kids under two years old. Think it's been banned for under two's now?

Have you got any normal calpol in? If so then give her abit of that to bring her temp down. Also you could use vicks or some other sort of vapour rub for her stuffy nose.

Nathan has got a temp and cold, so have I aswell :dohh:

argh such a rough night with all of us (oh slept soundly) me and the kids both have a cold

Snuffle babe

Also the doc gave me stuff for Caitlin other week to help unblock cold

We gave medised to Caitlin 5ml at night time only in fact my quack said to ...doc gave her normal medicine in day.

Stu was quite bad with it though and she was wakening bunged up.

Snuffle babe on the chest and aroun dher lseeping area but not wher eher face can touch it.

Hope they get better soon! Plenty of nose wipes and I gently cleared her nose with wool buds x

Katie has this and I went to the chemist yesterday and all they could suggest was nasal drops:dohh: her nose is streaming for 2 weeks now, I hate all this new regulation stuff because medised was brilliant:hissy:

Mamafy its more for the stupid Mums who were giving 10ml instead of 5ml etc.

See the quack - if they advise ...... We still use it but like I said when she was really bad we used it at night only and in the day only 1 5ml of the medicine quack gave her instead of 1 every 4 hours!

Its using common sense thats all (imo) x

i gave her 2.5ml in the end and it cleared up for a few hours

given her another 2.5ml this morning and shes asleep right now.

i know its over 2s now but my bottle says 3months plus (i know they have 6 months to change the packaging)

I brought some for Kira a couple of weeks ago, i had kacy with me as well so they didn't say anything, and it still says 3 months on it, have you tried some kavol things, u can get a plug in one and u put it on during the night or when they are asleep and change the filter every 3 days.

she seems a lot better today.. hopefully it was just a 24hr thing

I'm going to call the dr tomorrow because we still have snot today, I just want to get the a-ok from them but I dont see how it would be a problem because Joe had it at the same age and was much lighter in weight than Katie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->