Stupid boss! Help!

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
So, I started a second job as a waitress recently to help save money for a new house downpayment and when I started I gave him my availability for the next couple of weeks. Well, a few (two) people quit this past weekend and he scheduled me on Sunday because there was a huge private party scheduled. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm supposed to be out of town for a marathon, which I told him in advance (see above). Well, I looked into cancelling my plans it but that would put me and hubby out 500 dollars! and there's no way I would make that much by working on Sunday, so what should I do.

The boss would be soo mad at me for not showing up, but it's not fair to me to have to lose money because he didn't have enough staff (all I can say is, the people who left didn't do so without good reason). Should I tell him honestly why I can't make it and that he'll have to make due with three staff members or should I come up with a good excuse that can soften the blow. What kind of excuse could I use?

Help!!

if you already told him you cant do it then just reiterate that you cant do it

You've already informed them you can't do it so I'd talk to them and remind them that you had other plans made and can't afford to lose so much money. If they refuse then I'd just not turn up for the shift anyway but that's just me. I've had problems like this at my work with me telling them a couple of weeks in advance about an antenatal appointment and them putting me down for a shift whilst I'd be at my appointment and I just reminded them that I couldn't do it. They told me that they forgot and that I should remind them but tbh I don't see why I should, they should make a point of writing these things down:shrug:

Oh no, I hate dilemmas like these. I was once in a similar position and I just had to remind my employer at the time that I couldn't work what they had asked. She was a bit annoyed about it at first but she couldn't do alot, as like you, I had told her in advance. I think you should just remind him you can't work it and see what he says.
Sorry Iv not been much help, Goodluck whatever you decide to to.
x

ok so it seems the consensus is honesty. LOL. I hate to be "that" person and not be a team player, but given that I told him in advance AND in writing, I don't feel that I should have to compromise on this. thanks for the advice, it really helped to hear it from other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->