Stupid HV

Teel

Reaction score
I took my lil girl into get weighed today and walked out feeling like crap.

She was born 10lb 7oz and she is now only 12lb 7oz at 12 weeks old. Gaining a mere 2oz.

The hv was questioning me about her feeds and her sleeping routine etc and advised me to wake Jessica up earlier at 7am rather than her normal time of9:30am for a feed. Would you do this?

Jess is feeding, but sometimes not as much as she should, but she doesnt ask for more, i cant exactly force feed a baby that doesnt want any more milk?

I walked out of the surgery and all day Ive been feeling down and got upset and worried about her weight gain. Hubby has had enough and is going to complain about the HV and get a different one. Its not the 1st time the HV has screwed up with us.

1st of all you cannot force a baby to eat more , I hate when they mention that ..your LO will eat as much as she needs no need to worry as long as she eats minimum 30 oz of milk a day and wets about 6-7 nappies shes fine :)

I get that allot from the Hv here saying max is too skinny but then again shes a fat cow lol YOU are the mother not her , dont bother with what shes saying hun your doing a great job ..

Hiya thanks 1st baby for your reply.

Jess doesnt drink a min of 30oz...... its more around the 20oz mark :(

She has around 6 wet nappies and 1 pooey nappy sometimes everyday, sometimes every other day.

She is a very happy and healthy baby and surely thats whats important? Shes a very contented baby.

we too had a lot of problems with hv, she made me feel like such a crap mummy. imo i wouldn't change what you're doing. if she's happy and gaining weight, however slowly or quickly, i personally would be happy. at first maddi gained too much weight and i got told she's going to have loads of problems from obesity to bowel cancer!!!! (don't ask) and now shes fine, and was asked if shes gaining enough!!! ra! sounds like you're doing a fab job honey, also you're lo was a big baby at birth - maddi was too, and i personally think that makes a difference. trust your mummy instinct, as long as she's healthy and happy, don't worry :hugs: x

Thank you Princess Bump

Oh my gosh, bowel cancer and obesity? how can a HV ever say that! Its as if we dont have enough to worry about with our babies and then they land you with that! There are ways in which you can explain things and thats not one of them. Ridiculous HV. Im glad Maddie is fine, stupid HV.

All it takes its just one thing from the HV and it just puts your mind in overdrive and you start worrying endlessley.

Thank you Princess Bump

Oh my gosh, bowel cancer and obesity? how can a HV ever say that! Its as if we dont have enough to worry about with our babies and then they land you with that! There are ways in which you can explain things and thats not one of them. Ridiculous HV. Im glad Maddie is fine, stupid HV.

All it takes its just one thing from the HV and it just puts your mind in overdrive and you start worrying endlessley.

tell me about it! they had a go when i changed to hungry baby, they had a go when i said she sleeps through, they had a go when i said she may want weaning before 6months, you see the pattern! i wouldn't mind, shes nearly 6months and hasn't been weaned yet and they said, maybe you should start!! it was the same one! when i have seen others they have said, when maddi was a big baby - 9lb 3 and half, so would be surprised if she wasn't weaned before then! they started telling me all this horrible things when i discussed weaning :dohh: it really upset me tbh. they can make you fill horrible. i no its hard but as long as your LO is happy and healthy, what could be better, you're obviously a great mum, its so hard to have faith in yourself sometimes, but do, you're doing great :hug:

OMG - HV's can be so annoying!! Somtimes I wondered if they made me feel crap on perphas!!

She's your baby, you know her best & understand her more than anyone. You do what you think is best.

My HV told me Noah was to big (maybe due to the fact that he was born 16 days late?:dohh:), then he hadn't put on enough weight, then his scale thing on his red book was 'out'. I gave up taking him to get weighed as everytime I did I was made to feel like I was doing something wrong!!

:hugs:

Dont worry hun.. she sounds like she is happy and thats what matters.
Oh and 20oz of milk is the minimum, so again, dont worry hun.

personally i think HV's are a waste of good funding. they are all bloody useless. whenever i had problems with Ali they have offered very little help or advice - i end up taking him to the doctor or asking another mum what i should do!!!

:hug: to you hun.

Christine
XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"