Stupid question alert!

Cmomma

Reaction score
I've been ttc for nearly two years, but have only started charting in the last 5 months (relied on CM and occasionally OPKs before then). I feel like I've gotten the BBT thing down great, and then this cycle confused me. Pretty sure it was anovulatory even though I had +OPKs. Anyway, I thought I would add cervical position monitoring to my charting to help confirm O if I don't see a thermal shift (can that even happen? to O and not have a temp rise?).
I am expecting AF tomorrow and heard now would be a good time for first-timers to get a good feel of the cervix.
Here comes the stupid question....
Is it way in "back"? Almost like it is on the "back side of the anus"? Sorry. Yuck. I don't know a better way to describe it. I think I feel it, but it isn't where I was expecting. It is firm and I can feel all the way around it.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have been charting my cervix for almost a year now...and I'm still confused! I only still do it just to have something to do! LOL Last month at the end of my cycle I noticed mine was shifted to the back as well. Not sure if it means anything. Sorry I wasn't more help, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Hmm....I'm afraid I can't answer your cervix question, but yes, it is possible to get a pos OPK and not ovulate. And there does need to be a temp shift on the chart. That's a sign that your hormones are kicking in and making the transition after you ovulate.

Without a temp rise you generally didnt ovulate. Progesterone is produced after ovulation and is known as the "hot hormone" So if you did not ovulate, your progesterone wont rise and neither will your temp. I know nothing about checking your cervix so cant help you there :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->