Stupid question, but..

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
If you were born on February 29th (leap year), then the year after that wouldn't you have to celebrate your birthday on March 1st? For some reason I came up with the calculations that you would from then on have to have your birthday on March 2nd, then 3rd, then February 29th, then repeated again.
I always wondered this but never thought to ask.
Anybody?:happydance:

I think most people born feb 29th celebrate feb 28th because they wana still be feb babies .. one of the teachers at my old high school has a leap year bday and he celebrates on feb 28

yeah I agree with that too!! They celebrate on feb 28th :)

But if you celebrated on the 28th, wouldn't that put you off a day? I mean in order to get it RIGHT, wouldn't your BIRTHDAY be on March 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, or just March 1st until the next leap year? *Don't ask how I came up with 2nd then 3rd, I thought it up one day but am too damn confused to understand anymore*

Like I know you would celebrate it on Feb. 28th but when would the CORRECT date be?

it is confusing (like what I posted about my due date lol)!!

You CORRECT date is feb 29th, simple as!! Just unfortunate lol!! I dont know why we have a bloody leap year anyway :rofl:

I think people just choose between 28th and 1st, but it wouldn't keep adding a day each year going through march, a year would still take you to 1st March, then when the leap year came round again it would take you 29th again.

I dont know why we have a bloody leap year anyway :rofl:

Oh, we have a leap year because the earth actually takes 365 and a quarter days to go round the sun, so every 4 years we add the extra day, otherwise over time our seasons would get all screwed up compared to our calendar! lol

Sorry if you didn't actually want to know why!

Oh, we have a leap year because the earth actually takes 365 and a quarter days to go round the sun, so every 4 years we add the extra day, otherwise over time our seasons would get all screwed up compared to our calendar! lol

Sorry if you didn't actually want to know why!

no its fine :):) info is good!! :):)

Oh i remeber learning about this at primary school.
You have your officially birthday on the 28th, but you only acctually have your b-day every 4 years. so when your 40, your only actually 10. If it was me, id have a mega party every 4 years.

no its fine :):) info is good!! :):)

I have a problem that people ask questions they don't really want to know the answer to scientist-me tells them and they get annoyed with me!

On a little but not very related note, the speed at which the earth spins is slowing down because of friction caused by the moon, this means that day length is getting longer (only by milliseconds over long periods of time) but it's becoming noticeable and there is a bit of debate in the world of physics over how to add the extra second when we get there! It's an odd world!

I have a problem that people ask questions they don't really want to know the answer to scientist-me tells them and they get annoyed with me!

On a little but not very related note, the speed at which the earth spins is slowing down because of friction caused by the moon, this means that day length is getting longer (only by milliseconds over long periods of time) but it's becoming noticeable and there is a bit of debate in the world of physics over how to add the extra second when we get there! It's an odd world!

haha to be fair it was originally a rhetorical question.... but mainly cos I didnt think anyone would actually answer :rofl: but hey makes no difference to me :shrug:

I was sooooooooo crap at science!!!

:rofl: thanks for the extra info..!! The most I know is that theres debates on whether to keep messing with the time twice a year.... when we put it an hour forward then an hour back!! Then my knowledge GOES!! :rofl:

haha to be fair it was originally a rhetorical question.... but mainly cos I didnt think anyone would actually answer :rofl: but hey makes no difference to me :shrug:

I was sooooooooo crap at science!!!

:rofl: thanks for the extra info..!! The most I know is that theres debates on whether to keep messing with the time twice a year.... when we put it an hour forward then an hour back!! Then my knowledge GOES!! :rofl:

:rofl: This is the problem! People don't really want to know then are annoyed I ahve an answer! :dohh:

I don't think people generally know about the extra second. It doesn't seem very important, but imagine if in 10 years time all our clocks have to count 24hrs 1 sec! That'd be pretty weird! Though thinking about it, it seems amazing that the earth spins at exactly 24 hours now... As the earth slows the moon moves further away too so that's quite weird as well.

Sorry! Physics amazes me, I'm a biologist and know very little physics and udnerstand even less! lol

:rofl: This is the problem! People don't really want to know then are annoyed I ahve an answer! :dohh:

I don't think people generally know about the extra second. It doesn't seem very important, but imagine if in 10 years time all our clocks have to count 24hrs 1 sec! That'd be pretty weird! Though thinking about it, it seems amazing that the earth spins at exactly 24 hours now... As the earth slows the moon moves further away too so that's quite weird as well.

Sorry! Physics amazes me, I'm a biologist and know very little physics and udnerstand even less! lol

No I can see how it is interesting....!! kinda ... :shrug: lol!! :dohh:!!

Its great cos thats what makes us all different :):)

I prob annoy people when I go on about law and criminals and prison and criminal justice haha!! :):)

I know I annoy the parents (when I used to live with them) and my OH when Im watching the Bill or likewise and Im like "THAT JUST WOULDNT HAPPEN :hissy:" LOL!!!

Ah, the diversity of life and occupations! We all know something no-one else is interested in! I just can't contain it! :rofl:

Ha!There goes PeanutBean! :D

I actually knew that about the leap year! :tease:

But I have no idea when February 29th kids celebrate their birthdays!

Oooh my mom was SO close to this. She was born at like 11:00pm on Feb 28 during a leap year lol. Lucky her she decided to speed things up.

That all blows my mind, but if they all decided to add that extra second to the clock I'd be pissed because its un-necessary. Didn't George Bush change daylight savings time or something weird like that that he shouldnt have had any control over?

That all blows my mind, but if they all decided to add that extra second to the clock I'd be pissed because its un-necessary. Didn't George Bush change daylight savings time or something weird like that that he shouldnt have had any control over?

:rofl: The problem here is that it's the earth setting the time not people. When we get there if it's not added then each day will start a second early until noon is at night and vice versa!

We have British Summertime where the clocks go forward between March and October. Every year there is speculation about not having it but I suspect it's just media hype, rolling out the same crap every year!

I was born on 28th Feb. I wasn't a leap year though. I get a little ticked off that people always ask what I would've done if I was born on the 29th. lol

I prob annoy people when I go on about law and criminals and prison and criminal justice haha!! :):)

I know I annoy the parents (when I used to live with them) and my OH when Im watching the Bill or likewise and Im like "THAT JUST WOULDNT HAPPEN :hissy:" LOL!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Same with me, now my friends refuse to bring me to movies most of the time.:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->