• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stupid Work!! Rant

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
:dohh: My Fiance used to be the head chef where I work in the hotel from hell. It's a totally unprofessional place to work where the owner has no idea what he's doing and the manager started out as a housekeeper only 3 years ago & is lazy & on a power trip.

I come from a retail background and it's what I love but have been a barmaid and waitress before so I took the job when we moved to the area for his job for convinence. He took a lower wage than usual for the promise of easy to make bonuses and something to work towards, only they screwed him and he left after only 3 months.

Now I still work there.... or do I?!?! Since he left they've made my life hell. They are rude to me and cut my hours right back, giving me the worst possible jobs when they did give me hours. Things that I find hard to do for long now that I'm pregnant - like lots of running around and heavy lifting. One time I worked I pulled lots of muscles in my belly and was in pain for days. There is someone else there who is also pregnant but never is expected to do the things I am.

The last time I worked it was really busy and from what I'm told it's busy most of the time. I came home from my last shift and my partner told me he had a text from the guy who owns it saying he couldn't get hold of me because my phone was off but to tell me I wasn't needed today because it wasn't busy and there were hardly any bookings. Of course since I'd gone in anyway due to him being unable to get hold of me I'd had a really busy shift because it was in fact fully booked!!?! :devil:

Since then I've had no hours. I've phoned for the past 3 weeks to see if I'm on the rota and I'm always told they can't find it or they don't know and the manager will call me back which never happens. One time someone answered the phone and I didn't even know who it was so I'm quite sure they've hired some new people.

I've got a feelingthey are either going to sack me because they are going to say I was on the rota one time and didn't turn up (because obviously I didn't know) or they are going to kill me over Christmas with extra hours.

We are moving in Jan back closer to my family & for now we are living off savings. I'm worried though that if I quit my job I won't be allowed maternity pay or even that one that the government gives you. Does anyone have any idea? I can't go on maternity leave till the end of Feb and our lease on our flat is up at the start of Jan.

Stupid work!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

wow sounds like ur going thru a lot right now they really shouldnt be allowed to treat u like this hope it gets easier for u hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->