Stupidly long wait for AF/Ov :(

Celesse

Reaction score
Anyone else having a stupidly long wait for something to happen (AF/Ov) post miscarriage?

I'm currently 60 days since my D&C, 70 days since my failed medical miscarriage and 80 days since the scan where baby was seen to be very far behind without a heartbeat.

I've stopped bleeding a little over a week after the D&C. I've had no AF. I've had 4 separate instances of EWCM, HSO cervix and close to positive OPK, but temps are all over the place and with no BFP or AF I'm pretty certain I haven't ovulated. Today I've had my 4th episode of almost pos OPK, but I'm kinda expecting no temp rise tomorrow and more waiting.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0a78//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hoping something will happen soon. Anyone else in same position with a very long "cycle".

Hi Celesse

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I am 8 weeks 4 days since d & c so I'm right there with you! It's so frustrating isn't it! My cycles before pg were like clockwork too:nope:

I'm not temping or doing OPK's as I think that will add to the stress.

Hope you get it soon and me :flower:

I've done stupid amounts of tests. I always thought that having a miscarriage would just mean being a few weeks behind the lost pregnancy. But this cycle is dragging. I should be 21weeks by now.

Have you had your hcg monitored to check it has gone right down? I had an early miscarriage when my hcg numbers were only in the 50's and my hcg is still yet to get to zero a month later hence my cycle is not happening how I would like it either. Hoping it will kick in soon for us all x

I'm having mine checked but have to wait a week before they can even book me in for a test! I hope so too GingerWhinger x

Hi ladies it took 8 weeks for my af to return which has just been and gone...i was going to leave till 10 weeks if no af was going to go to the doctors or mayb try agnus castus supposed to help regulate your periods...

Hope u all get af soon x

I've not had any bloods done. I was meant to see my GP at 6 weeks, but I kinda forgot. If I don't get a significant temp rise after this latest lot of ops OKP's I'm gonna go see her. If I do get a temp rise then I guess I'll wait it out a bit longer.

I'm with you ladies 8 weeks today since my mva. Just want to move on and get trying but feel like my body has let me down again.
I've had various scans since as it looks like they didn't get everything first time so d&c booked in for Monday.
The consultant thinks i will get af around 3 weeks after so still quite a wait. Sigh.

Celesse - you got your crosshairs!!! Fab news! Af will be here soon and you can start looking forward again.
How are you other ladies doing....any progress?

Celesse, yes congrats on the good strong crosshairs!

It took me 6 weeks to ovulate following a natural miscarriage and I actually fell pregnant with identical twins that time, unfortunately I had a mmc at my 8 week scan and had a D&C 7 weeks ago. Because of my history of repeated miscarriages I had an ultrasound last week to look at my uterus and lo and behold there was the beginings of a new pregnancy. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant, so I must've ovulated 2 weeks after D&C and caught.

So I wanted to say it can take a silly length of time, or it can happen quickly, I've been on both ends of the spectrum now..! Good luck ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->