Subchorionic hematoma...because I wasn't stressed enough already :(

Siobhan14

Reaction score
So I had an ultrasound last week at 7w1d and all was well, heartbeat 128. Today I got a call that the ultrasound showed there was some bleeding called a subchorionic hemorrhage (hematoma) showing. The nurse explained that it was common and asked if I'd had any bleeding or cramping (no bleeding, some minor cramping) and said I should not worry. Of course I Googled it the moment if hung up and now I'm completely stressed. Has anyone else been diagnosed with the same? Were you given any instructions?

I haven't personally but loads of people have them. I think they are basically telling you so if you experience any bleeding not to be concerned. Hopefully someone can tell you of their own experiences xx

Me! Had one at 5w 4d, bled at 7w had a scan at 7w 3d it had shrunk, bled again at 10w had a scan at 10w 2d shrunk again and had my scan today at 13w 1d and it's completely gone!

Me! Had one at 5w 4d, bled at 7w had a scan at 7w 3d it had shrunk, bled again at 10w had a scan at 10w 2d shrunk again and had my scan today at 13w 1d and it's completely gone!

That's encouraging, thanks for sharing! I feel now like it's just a waiting game before the bleeding starts...

I was only diagnosed with one yesterday, after I started bleeding heavily on Sunday evening.

I wish it'd been diagnosed on a scan first as Sunday night has got to have been one of the longest of my life! The doctor I saw told me that I couldn't be scanned that evening but examined me, told me my cervix was open and I should expect to miscarry. Naturally, I was absolutely distraught! Fast forward to the following morning; we had a scan and to our complete shock, we were told that my cervix was closed, baby was perfect and I was measuring 4 days ahead.

From what the sonographer and my midwife told me, it's fairly common and it doesn't usually cause any problems, aside from bleeding in some women. They told me that I'll either continue to bleed until it's gone or my body would reabsorb the blood. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry x

So I had an ultrasound last week at 7w1d and all was well, heartbeat 128. Today I got a call that the ultrasound showed there was some bleeding called a subchorionic hemorrhage (hematoma) showing. The nurse explained that it was common and asked if I'd had any bleeding or cramping (no bleeding, some minor cramping) and said I should not worry. Of course I Googled it the moment if hung up and now I'm completely stressed. Has anyone else been diagnosed with the same? Were you given any instructions?

It's the most common sonographic abnormality in the presence of a live embryo. If you have been having weird spotting then this could be the cause! It is really common!

Please step away from Google. You will find so much conflicting information. Many, many, many women with these go on to deliver healthy babies. Outcome of a pregnancy may be correlated to the size of the hematoma, but the good news is that they can heal and many will resolve by the second trimester.

I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma, but was not told about it (I think because it was so small and this is such a common abnormality). I read it in my ultrasound report and then freaked out! At my prenatal appointment, the only instructions I was given by the midwife was to be on pelvic rest, which meant to aerobic exercise, including sex (and orgasm) until the spotting stopped. If you think about the subchorionic hematoma as a cut on your finger, it helps. If you move it around a lot, it continues to bleed and has a harder time healing then if you bandage it up and let it rest. I would talk with your OB or MW at your next appointment and see what s/he says about pelvic rest.

Good luck! A happy and healthy pregnancy to you!:flower:

Thanks so much ladies, I'm going to try to stay off the internet and take it easy.

I had one. Only made me spot after sex and one tiny clot. It is either gone now or not causing problems because I have no more spotting after sex. It worried and freaked me out at first too because as many pregnancies I've had this has never happened. Super common and mostly harmless. Xx

Yes I'm on my third pregnancy with one!
Mines big and has caused short bouts of sudden heavy bleeding. I'm 13w4d now and babys right on track.

My son is the result of a SCH pregnancy and his, although big, resolved by 20w.

Hang in there hun,just don't overdo things and you should be ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->