subchorionic hematoma

salamander91

Reaction score
Hi, I had a scan today at 6 weeks and we saw squish with a little heartbeat. There was a sch though and I'm wondering if anyone could share their experience/advice. Thanks

I don't personally have experience but my co-worker did !
She bled a few times off and on during her pregnancy but all was okay !

My best friend had one at 15 weeks. It was a really big one, and the doc didn't give her much hope. She bled pretty bad for about a week and then stopped. It completely healed itself, and she went on to have a great pregnancy.

My advice would be to take it as easy as you can, and put yourself on pelvic rest for a week or two.

Thanks ladies. FX it goes! I've already warned oh he isn't getting any lol and being very careful with lifting etc...

I had a small bleed with DS which became apparent at 8 weeks. I didn't bleed red, just brown discharge but either way I was concerned. Had an emergency ultrasound and then the sch was found. I was told it was no cause for concern, and basically to take it easy. Was told that if I started to bleed then to go straight to the hospital. By the 12 week scan it was completely gone :)

I had a big sch detected after a red bleed at 8 weeks. I honestly thought it was the end but a lot of women on this forum gave reassurance just like you are asking for now. Hopefully you won't bleed and the blood will just be reabsorbed, but if you do try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) let your midwife know and get things checked out. Mines had completely gone by 20 weeks and I'm 32 weeks now. I agree with pp, try to take things easy, drink lots of water, and no strenuous lifting/exercise. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->