Subchorionic Hemorrhage at 6 weeks

birdbear

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a bit of light bleeding on Thursday evening and went to the doctor on Friday for my first ultrasound to see what was happening. According to my last period and BD time I should have been 7 weeks.
I was showing up at 5 weeks and 6 days and with a significant subchorionic hemorrhage.
The doctor said I have a 50% chance of a miscarriage.

I am scared to be positive about this pregnancy. If the miscarriage is supposed to happen, I wish that it would already happen. I am on pins and needles.
My next ultrasound is on Friday.
I feel helpless and confused.
Can anyone relate to this? Has anyone been through this?

Thank you so much,
:(

I've been there with my last two pregnancies. Pretty much exactly, actually. Both ended up fine :)

Good luck!

Had sch in my previous pregnancy. When I had the first bleed the er doc told me they kinda have to say threatened miscarriage whenever a pregnant woman comes with a bleed or spotting, and I was so sure I'd miscarry as I was 6 wks and baby was measuring 5.2 wks and no heart beat. A few days later I followed up with my ob and baby measured exactly where I was and there was a heart beat :) even though there was still a blood clot showing on the u/s, the heart beat was a big positive sign for me. And thankfully everything was fine. I did have several other bloods during the pregnancy but by mid 2nd tri there was no longer a clot on the u/s.

I have an sch too, it was discovered on the ER at 5 weeks 4 days after a small bleed. They sent me home with a diagnosis of "threatened miscarriage" which I hated.
However my RE and OB have always said that 25% of patients have one and that 90% of the time everything is fine. They didn't seem worried one bit.
I had a major bleed at 8 weeks 5 days and again the OB said not to worry, that it will be gone by 20 weeks. I've had several scans and get to see the babes frequently luckily. But I hope to never bleed again, it's so scary.

I have it right now and every appointment they tell me it's getting smaller and just my doctor bills are getting larger. :haha: Expensive to keep having ultrasounds to monitor it (worth it), but just take it easy and I wasn't told to do this but I put myself on pelvic rest (no sex) until the docs told me it was getting smaller. I wish us all SCH sufferers the best of luck and healthy pregnancies.

Please stay positive. :hugs::hugs:

I was put on pelvic rest and told no exercise.

I have a SCH as well and I was put on pelvic rest twice in a row, but nothing new has happened. I've seen my been like 7 times since I found I was preggers due to the bleeding and everytime he's growing like he should be. And I'm not having light bleeding at all, which is even more scary, but in the end, everything always checks out ok. I'm praying the same for you:hugs:

I had a SCH last pregnancy that unfortunately didn't end so well. :nope: However, it was a really large one that was always larger than baby/sac so it wasn't good to start with, and I was bleeding every single day with no let up at all. In most cases, with rest (bed rest ideally) and taking things easy they usually end up resolving on their own. Good luck hun, I'm sure you'll be fine. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->