Subchorionic hemorrhage at 9 weeks

Wannie

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post here, but I have been looking around for a few weeks.

I am currently 9w2d pregnant with my first. I had an ultrasound at 8+ 6 which showed perfect measurements and a heartbeat of 173. It also showed a "tiny" subchorionic hemorrhage, as the ultrasound tech put it. When the doctor called he said "I fully expect it to absorb but you're not out of the woods yet." Very comforting.

I had some light spotting (orange in color) last weekend, and then nothing all week. I woke up to more orange/pink spotting today. They told me to expect some bleeding due to the SCH. I have read some horror stories on line so even though they told me to expect it, I'm still a wreck.

Any similar experiences? Is it possible to only spot lightly and never have "big bleeds" that others experience?

Hi Wannie, I haven't experienced this myself but wanted to let you know that there is a thread under "pregnancy groups and discussions" category for sch, it is literally 600+ pages long with thousands of posts. It's still active too I believe. If you don't get all your answers here that would be the next place I would look! Best of luck to you. <3

I had SCH with my last pregnancy and its nerve-wracking, I know too well! Your bleeds can be all over the board...from all different colors to how much to none, back to bleeding. You think it's tapering off and then it comes back again and you freak out! It's all totally normal. The good news is that you know that you have a SCH and it explains why it's happening. Scares the living daylights out of you, but there's a reason for it! Mine started at the very beginning of my pregnancy, and didn't heal up until I was into my second trimester. As long as your scans are looking good and baby is measuring fine with a nice heartbeat, all is well. Just remember, it's something totally unrelated to what's going on with baby. My doctor said the only time I should be concerned is if I was filling up a pad with blood every hour. Hang in there!

I had SCH at 7 weeks & it was a terrible first trimester as I was worried beyond believe. It was absorbed by 12 wks. No sex, no lifting, taking it easy & drinking a lot. I rested as soon as I felt cramping.

Take Care! Xx

I had a SCH that I didn't know about bleed out with our son at six weeks. It was so big it deformed his gestational sac, and then er Doctor (didn't mention anything about the SCH btw) just said we'd miscarry him. I had stopped spotting/bleeding by the next day, and found out a month later he was still snug in there! He's 2.5 now. :hugs:

i had a SCH with my last baby.. he's a crazy 3 1/2 year old now.

I had one with my previous pregnancy (which I lost for reasons completely unrelated) and had constant spotting starting at about 5 weeks. SCH is the most common radiologic "abnormality" seen. I never had any big bleeds and I'm guessing it was due to the fact that my SCH was small (like yours) and I listened to their advice and remained on strict pelvic rest. I lost my pregnancy before the 2nd trimester, but from what I have heard, most SCH resolve by the 2nd trimester. Good luck and quick healing to you. May the rest of your pregnancy be joyful and smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->