subchronic hematoma

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Anyone else with this lovely blood clot?
I first had spotting at around 7 weeks. Went in for a scan & everything looked great & was told it was normal.
A week later, bright red blood...back to the clinic, again everything appears normal and then my doctor says I have a blood clot, not to worry, wont cause a miscarriage.

But I can't help but worry. And now this week, I've been dark brown spotting every day w/some tissue. No cramps.

I do however feel discomfort when I walk for a while. I believe these are ligiament pains.

Anyhow, I'm seeing a high risk OB next Wed so I'll be grilling him about the clot. And I"ve not seen baby in almost two weeks by then so I'm of course always concerned about what I'm going to see.

So for those of you who have had it, do have it - what was your outcome? I hear up to 20 weeks before it can be reabsorbed?

There's a whole discussion/buddies thread dedicated to this if you look in there :D lots of ladies in the same position :hugs:

I had a large bleed and clots just over a week ago now. Was very scary, but baby is just fine and was dancing around when I was scanned! I have a doppler and listen to the heartbeat every day now for reassurance.

My spotting has stopped completely (touch wood) and I have my next scan on Monday so will be asking to see if it's resolved or not!!!!!!

I had to go to A&E because of my bleed, and the dr immediately signed me off work till my scan Monday. I don't know if it's helped at all, but it has definitely made me feel a lot better, and feeling more positive must help somehow!!!!!!

It has a good prognosis, so try not to worry :hugs:

Yes I found that thread - thank you :)

I hope mine is a good prognosis too.I was told not to worry but I still worry :)

I have had 3 pregnancies with diagnosed subchorionic hematomas (2 more we think possibly had SCHs but weren't found on the ultrasound despite bleeding in the first tri). The first was with my daughter and I had one small blob of dark red blood that came out at 8 weeks. An ultrasound showed the bleed and the dr ordered followup scans every two weeks until it resolved. That clot was gone by 12 weeks but strangely another one formed. That one was very small (smaller than the first one in fact) and wasn't seen in my 20 week ultrasound. DD was born healthy and happy at full term. My other two pregnancies with SCHs (as well as the suspected SCH pregnancies) sadly ended in miscarriage BUT I want to add that I have low progesterone levels in my first trimester and we didn't know at the time that I needed supplements so the dr says the bleed had nothing to do with the miscarriage, that the low progesterone was the cause. So try not to worry. The brown blood is normal. It's just residual bleeding making it's way out and the fact that it's brown says that it's old bleeding. Fresh blood would be pink or red. It should taper off in the coming days.

oh wow - thanks for that info :)
I'm so sorry for your two losses.
But I do see low P would cause that.
So is this your 4th pregnancy? Did you have spotting with this one too?

Actually this is my 11th pregnancy overall. I've had 5 unmedicated pg that all ended in miscarriage due to either the progesterone issue or being a blighted ovum and I've had 3 medicated pg end in miscarriage due to being a blighted ovum or a probable placenta issue. I want to add though that I'm not the norm. Most women have uneventful pregnancies. I just happen to have a few hormone issues and a possible thyroid thing that make it more difficult for me to carry to term.

And yes, I did have spotting with this pregnancy. It was from 5+2 to 10+4 but 2 ultrasounds showed a perfectly normal uterus and growing baby. My urine tests came back normal and my labs showed nothing out of the ordinary (no elevated white blood cell counts to indicate infection, etc.). We still don't know why I had discharge for so long but it stopped and I haven't had any issues since other than the usual anxiety I feel (which is understandable considering my pregnancy history...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->