• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Subway

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi girllllsss! Another food question.

I love meatball subs from Subway. There's a Subway right down my street and I'll get just the meatballs and cheese, toasted, and then I bring it home and bake it in my oven on 200 Celcius until it's extremely hot, and then I eat it. I know you're not supposed to eat stuff like that while pregnant but I also heard high heat kills listeria, and sometimes I just really want a meatball sub! Lol. I eat them only as a treat and not something I eat regularly.

Well, my ex-OH was going to the store so I asked him for a meatball sub. He got everything on it, like, everything, lettuce, carrots, olives, pickles, hot peppers, you name it. I chucked it in the oven and baked it like I normally do until piping hot and ate it. Do you think this is okay?

This is like my 4th sub I've had during my pregnancy. I don't have them all the time. The first time I had one I had a foot long meatball sub when I was like five weeks and didn't know back then you're not supposed to have food that's been out sitting for a while like that, then I didn't have any Subway at all until a few days ago when we moved to this new place and there's one right down the road and it's easy to grab since we didn't do a full proper grocery shop yet and I'm also moving to the States in a few days to a week and didn't want to buy a ton of groceries. So what do you ladies think? Safe because I scorch it in the oven until steaming hot?

Ive hobestly never paid attention to food rules, and have never had any complications either. Eat your sub :)

I've been eating turkey ham sandwiches for good portion of two weeks my dr said it was fine, I'm on bed rest and have bi weekly u/s the last time he was having a party in there she asked what I was eating and I told her she said and I quote "go home eat a sandwich and lay down " :)

I was told not to eat deli sandwiches unless I heat them. The dr said I only have to heat the meat to where it is steaming a little so if u are really heating it up, then I would think it would be fine. Enjoy your subs girl!:hugs:

I ate a turkey sub the other day. :) subway is the only takeaway I can eat while on this stupid low fat diet. I just make sure I get it toasted :)

I have been eating their meatball subs like every day!! It's the only thing I want. I think they say don't eat deli sandwiches for cold cuts, not hot subs. The meatballs are held in a hot container there. Listeria shouldn't be an issue. I ate these subs in my last pregnancy too and everything was great!!

They don't really have those rules on deli meat here but I think as the meatballs are hot the same rules as with the deli meat wouldn't apply anyway as a PP said? Mmm I want a sub now :haha:

I wouldn't even bother putting it in the oven! It will be fine x

Since the meatballs are fully cooked, I'd say you're fine! :flower:

I'd just heat it really thorough and if you have any doubts about the food handling and storing then the health inspections should be available to you. Atleast when you are back in the states you will have access to the scores. Plus the meatball subs are always on sale here. Most frozen meatballs here taste the same as subway but I'm not a big fan because of the horrendous burps! I would also avoid heating the lettuce up like that only because that's known to upset stomachs.

I used to work at a subway, the heaters for the meatballs keep them at a safe eating temperature, hot enough to not grow bacteria. I would say you can eat it straight from the store just fine :thumbup:

I had a Subway meat sub last week. It was fantastic! As others said, it is already heated so it shouldn't be a problem. I ask them to toast it so it gets an extra dose of heat.

But I am really craving a turkey sub. That is what I want more than anything. And I don't want to heat it up because that defeats the purpose of COLD cuts. *sighs* Normally, I think the 'no deli' rule is paranoid huey but I'm desperate for this one to stick so I'm going by the rules as much as possible.

I eat Subway without heating it. Too many rules, I eat what I want. :winkwink:

Ohhhh you are far better than I :haha:, I have enjoyed quite a few cold sandwiches.

Yours was probably heated thoroughly enough, I wouldn't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->