Succesful ecv?

TTC Baby M

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here has had a successful ecv? Or alternatively an unsuccessful attempt? I'm going in tomorrow for one and praying it works, have heard its less likely to work for first timers.

no experience but wanted to wish you luck, let us know how it goes

Good luck!
I had an ecv with ds1 at 37 weeks. It was successful and he remained head down and went on to have a great birth.

I have one booked today, will let you know how it goes...

Thanks girls will update you all afterwards, good luck dani, hope it works for you! I only ever seem to hear negative stories but good to hear a positive one cottleston!

So I had mine today, unfortunately he wouldn't budge :( c-sec booked in for the 22nd May.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, good luck!

just an update for anyone whos interested, it seems i was the 1 in 1000 to suffer complications which ended in an emergency csection! but my beautiful bub is here safe and just perfect! it wouldnt change my mind about doing the ecv in future either :)

Omg how scary. I may need one as bub has decided to turn breech. I'm glad your baby is fine and congratulations xx

Wow, congratulations! Glad bub is here safe & sound!

thank you both! like i said its only 1 in 1000 chance so im sure u will be fine :) also the csec wasnt anywhere near as bad as you think, just make sure to have pain relief as much as possible afterwards! its all worth it for the end result thats for sure.

Alternatives to ECV are moxibustion, reflexology, etc. Also, it's worth looking on sites like Spinning Babies, as you may be able to affect baby's position by yours. That said, some babies are breech for a reason, such as short cord, etc. Breech babies can often be delivered safely vaginally as well, depending on the type of breech presentation and the experience of the person attending you. Best wishes to those still trying to flip baby, and congrats to TTC Baby M. x

It's worth doing your own research into ECVs. I personally won't have one if offered after chatting to a midwife I know and doing some research. But plenty of people do and all fine. Just good for people to know you don't HAVE to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->