• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success after 2nd IVF Cycle

Mrs Muggy

Reaction score
Our problem is male factor, OH had a vasectomy after his 2nd baby in his first marriage.
Wehen we met we talked about him having the reversal quite early on. After getting married it was brough up again but we couldn't afford it. Couple of years later he got made redundent and with his redundancy money he paid for the reversal which wasn't sucessful.

Our next step was to go for sperm donation...at our first consultation OH mentioned to our doctor that he had seen an article about egg donation(he hadn't told me of this) I didn't even know that this kinda of thing existed! so after discussing this we decided that egg donation was the path we wanted to take. 2 years on we were still waiting for our first app!

So I contacted the doctor who had me that there was a very long waiting list down here...why had this not been mentioned before as going private we thought it wouldn't be that long! Anyway the doc recommended a private clinic in London( we live in Cornwall) and I contacted them straight away. Within days we had a first app and a month later a recipent had been found and I started the drugs.
Yeh it was pretty hard going injecting myself everyday but the end result would be worth it. Sadly for me the cycle didn't work but for my recipent it did. Me and OH had a drink to celerbrate for them that night. 3 months later another recipent was found and 6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant!
As i'm typing this I have got the most beautiful baby sleeping next to me and I thank god every day for him...I love him sooooo much! All those injections, 2 painful egg collections, a long emotional rollercoster and 46 hours of labour has been worth the little boy sleeping next to me...And I can't wait to do it all again!

xxx

Beautiful story that you got there in the end, good luck with no.2 xxx

Ive just read your post Mrs Muggy and it gives me some hope!
My OH had a reversal 16 mths ago, it has worked but his sperm is very sluggish and it looks as though we need ICSI.
I really hope it works for us!!! x

thank you for sharing your story with us, brought a tear to my eye. DH and i have been trying for almost 2 years and if this cycle doesn't happen, then we are onto IVF :(. Its good reading stories like yours....I can only imagine what you've been through and how much you must love your little boy. Does the pain of the ttc journey disappear?

That is a beautiful story and a very happy ending for you both.

I have had two ectopics in each tube and i think our only path will be ivf. I have no problem with my ovarys or my uterus so i hope this could work. Its going to be a while yet before getting the ball rolling but reading stories like yours gives me hope.

I have also thought about egg donation. I really wanted to do this to help other women out there with problems and just want a baby as much as i do. I do not think my partner is keen. Did you have any doubts or reservations about this? And can i ask how much it cost you in the end to get the little boy you deserve?

(You do not need to answer that question if you do not like)

Happy days being a mum :flower:

Congratulations - what a happy ending! It was very good of you to donate your eggs and for you to celebrate your recipients BFP when your own didn't work at first! I wih you loads of luck for your 2nd! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->