Success Going to Term with PCOS

Impatient TTC

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I just wondered if there are stories of successfully carrying a baby to term with PCOS? That may sound a bit odd, but I have (I think quite mild) PCOS, and had an MC at just under 6 weeks back in July. I have just found out I'm pregnant again and am really scared. I stupidly did some googling and saw that the risk of MC with PCOS is like 45% :cry: Although apparently it's a lot lower if you're on metformin, which I am.

Anyway, so if there are success stories I'd love to hear them - I hate the thought that it's basically 50/50 as to whether this pregnancy turns into a baby! :flower:

I have PCOS and carried my oldest son to 36 weeks had to be induced because of pre-eclampsia and carried my 2 yr old to 39 weeks and we lost our baby girl at 17 weeks but I was told it had nothing to do with my medical problems like hbp and PCOS. Ive not had any early mc other than a chemical just before my 2 yr old was concieved and my period actually came a day or so early that month so If I hadnt been testing early I wouldnt have known it.
Congrats!! I think you have a good chance at a sticky bean!! :)

I'm 23wks after 3 early pcos related m/c between 5&8 wks. I stayed on met until nearly 14wks, and all is going well. Wasnt on met with the losses.

Good luck :D

sparkle83 that's great that you've finally had success with met! Really good to hear that. At the moment I just feel like I can't enjoy it because I feel convinced something is going to go wrong. Then I think 'oh dear what if thats because I have like a 6th sense' sort of thing. Anyway one day at a time I suppose. Think I might have to POAS again later just to confirm it to myself again!! Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy now that it's very much established!

I'm 24 wks +5 days after an mc 7-8wks in August 2009 and two possible chemicals -- I was on metformin until a few weeks ago (wk 20, but lowered my dose from after week 12), also have an underactive thyroid which was diagnosed a month before this sticky (so far) pregnancy...(oh, started metformin after mc/possible chemicals...)

I also lost weight (3 stone- 40-45lbs) and healthy eating with acupuncture, so did lots to get ready for IVF but got pregnant naturally!

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->