Success stories after Methotrexate/ectopic

During the "do not conceive time" my husband used the "pull out" method. This is because I am highly allergic to latex and we didn't feel like spending $30+ on sheepskin condoms. It was a big awkward at first, but actually set us fairly good for pregnancy when I don't feel like fully committing. Gave us a chance to experiment a bit.

I'll be praying that your reach 0 tomorrow and that AF resumes her normal schedule.

Hi Kellen
what time is your appt today? what is a quad appt? I went for my bloodwork already so just waiting for the results. praying I can start prenatals again NOW, we will see. We also have a wedding this weekend so Im going to ask if I can drink again. Did you drink once you hit 0? I was told no alcohol after methotextrate but I think once I hit 0, it will be ok.

The quad test basically looks at various genetic diseases or anomalies such as Downs, Spinabifida and stuff like that. Midwife measured me at 20 weeks instead of 18, but we're keeping our EDD just for now.

I'm not a big drinker. I'm fairly certain I had a drink or two once my levels hit 0. Once we were good to start TTC again I cut out all alcohol and unhealthy goods, just to boost my chances.

During the "do not conceive time" my husband used the "pull out" method. This is because I am highly allergic to latex and we didn't feel like spending $30+ on sheepskin condoms. It was a big awkward at first, but actually set us fairly good for pregnancy when I don't feel like fully committing. Gave us a chance to experiment a bit.

I'll be praying that your reach 0 tomorrow and that AF resumes her normal schedule.

Hi Kellen
what time is your appt today? what is a quad appt? I went for my bloodwork already so just waiting for the results. praying I can start prenatals again NOW, we will see. We also have a wedding this weekend so Im going to ask if I can drink again. Did you drink once you hit 0? I was told no alcohol after methotextrate but I think once I hit 0, it will be ok.

The quad test basically looks at various genetic diseases or anomalies such as Downs, Spinabifida and stuff like that. Midwife measured me at 20 weeks instead of 18, but we're keeping our EDD just for now.

I'm not a big drinker. I'm fairly certain I had a drink or two once my levels hit 0. Once we were good to start TTC again I cut out all alcohol and unhealthy goods, just to boost my chances.

Ok so you are already back from the appt? how did it go? im just sitting here waiting for my results. Im so impatient. ughhhhhhh
please please please let me be at 0.

results were 9.5 today. I am trying to not be too bummed out. I really wanted to start prenatals today but I need to go again next week for blood work and they said i can't start them until I am at 0

We are going away for the weekend to a wedding and they did give me the "OK" to drink, seeing it has been 3 weeks since the shot. So, I am thankful for that. Still no sex though, which is fine. Im bummed about the stupid 9.5 - I was soooooo hoping for 0.

I know I should be thankful. my numbers have been dropping quickly. 1865, 740, 44, 9.5 today.

So, one more week of waiting, but I at least I can drink myself silly this weekend. OY

Kellen
How are you doing? I hit 0 last week and had my HSG test today. It wasn't that bad, and I meet with the dr tomorrow to discuss my treatment plan.

I'm really looking forward
To the future !!

Good Morning Grace,

I am doing well. We went in for our 20 week anatomy scan on Wednesday and found out that we are expecting a little girl. Everything looked perfect. Her brain and spine are well formed and we got lots of pictures. She kept us guess up until the last 5 minutes due to the fact that she had her legs crossed and hands in between.

I am pleased to hear that your levels hit 0. Keep me posted on how your TTC journey goes. I hope that you'll be blessed like me and get a little sticky bean after the recommended 3 cycles. :) If not... at least you'll have fun trying!

Good Morning Grace,

I am doing well. We went in for our 20 week anatomy scan on Wednesday and found out that we are expecting a little girl. Everything looked perfect. Her brain and spine are well formed and we got lots of pictures. She kept us guess up until the last 5 minutes due to the fact that she had her legs crossed and hands in between.

I am pleased to hear that your levels hit 0. Keep me posted on how your TTC journey goes. I hope that you'll be blessed like me and get a little sticky bean after the recommended 3 cycles. :) If not... at least you'll have fun trying!

Hi there
that is sooo exciting that you are having a girl! yay, im so glad for you that things are going so well. I can't wait to ttc again! I met with my Dr. last week and she said we can start ttc after I get AF, so just waiting for that. Im hoping she will come soon. so excited!
how many weeks are you now??

Congrats, Grace, on being able to start back on the back towards conception. Tomorrow I will be 21 weeks. Right now my bladder is being used as a trampoline... or at least that is what it feels like. Good luck with TTC. Hopefully things will go quickly for you.

Hey Kellen, just wanted to check in and see how you are progessing. How is pregnancy going? You must be so thrilled to be out of 1st trimester. I seriously dont know how I will get through it, and i dont even have a bfp yet, You will have to give me some advice for staying calm during those first 12 weeks!

Anyway, cd10 is saturday so I should O next week sometime, and plan to test first week in November. Hoping to catch up to you! Let me know how its going!
xoxo

Hi Grace,

Everything is going well with my little girl. Life is pretty stressful right now, but the pregnancy is all good.
The first 12 weeks were the worst. I was constantly checking my underwear and checking to see if my breasts were still tender. At 8 weeks we got to see our LO's heartbeat on a vaginal ultrasound, which certainly helped ease a few fears. Then at 12 weeks we saw her jumping around like crazy. After that I felt more at peace.
My word of advice would be to not read a bunch of the 1st trimester forum topics. They can be quite upsetting. At one point I had convinced myself (around 10 weeks) that my baby was dead, but that I had experienced a missed miscarriage. Thankfully this was not true, but due to the stories I was scared.

Best of luck with your timing and trying again. When do you get your BFP again be aware that as you hit your first EDD it will be terrible. I was supposed to give birth on 10/15 (Monday) but now I have to wait another 17 weeks (which I don't mind). But it was hard and one of those things I didn't think about before hand.

Hey Kellen
thanks for the update. so glad your pregnancy is going well this time! I can't wait to get there- I know i'll be a wreck, like you, but im still excited to be pregnant again, and in the end - it will all be worth it.

Im sorry life is crazy stressful for you right now :( is your DH any help or is he causing the stress? :wacko:

My DH is an absolute gem. He helps me get my socks on when the sciatica makes it so I can't bend over. He has completely taken over kitty care. He wrote a very sweet poem last night to our little girl. He complements me endlessly and makes me feel beautiful even when I feel like a bloated whale. When I got the bad news about my grandpa he laid down on the bed with me and held me while I cried. He even shaved my legs for me in the shower.

My DH is an absolute gem. He helps me get my socks on when the sciatica makes it so I can't bend over. He has completely taken over kitty care. He wrote a very sweet poem last night to our little girl. He complements me endlessly and makes me feel beautiful even when I feel like a bloated whale. When I got the bad news about my grandpa he laid down on the bed with me and held me while I cried. He even shaved my legs for me in the shower.

awwwwwwwww good DH thats awesome! and im sorry about your grandpa :hugs:

Kellen
how are you doing? i'd love to here an update/report from you on how things are going.

I am cd30 and 11dpo! I am busting at the seems to test, i have a blood test scheduled for tuesday so I am waiting. Pray for me -

Can't wait to hear how your little girl is doing!

Good Morning Grace,

I pray that you get your BFP. That would be oh so exciting!

We went in this Tuesday and did the glucose test. The drink wasn't as bad as everyone had made it out to be. They took 3 vials of blood, but if I passed (which I will find out today) then that was the last blood draw for this pregnancy.

We finally settled on a name: Teagen. It took us a while, but it just seems to fit. She is very active, especially around lunch time. I am looking forward to "Black Friday" and being able to get a bunch of on-sale stuff for her. My parents are coming for a visit so we booked a private 3D/4D scan so that they can see her too!

Keep me posted and I'll keep praying that you get your BFP. I tested on 15DPO so I hope you find out soon.

Good Morning Grace,

I pray that you get your BFP. That would be oh so exciting!

We went in this Tuesday and did the glucose test. The drink wasn't as bad as everyone had made it out to be. They took 3 vials of blood, but if I passed (which I will find out today) then that was the last blood draw for this pregnancy.

We finally settled on a name: Teagen. It took us a while, but it just seems to fit. She is very active, especially around lunch time. I am looking forward to "Black Friday" and being able to get a bunch of on-sale stuff for her. My parents are coming for a visit so we booked a private 3D/4D scan so that they can see her too!

Keep me posted and I'll keep praying that you get your BFP. I tested on 15DPO so I hope you find out soon.

wow so great to hear from you! im glad all is going well. i just saw you are 26 weeks! woohoo:happydance:
Im glad to hear the drink wasn't that bad and i LOVE the name Teagen. I love pretty and not common names. If we have a girl, her name will likely be Marlena, yay! its pretty, unique and not too common, just like Teagen! :)
the 3D/4D scan sounds great ! i bet your parents will love that!
Have you thought about delivery? do you want to do vaginal or csection? what about epidural? do you have an OB or midwife?
Sorry so many questions, i just can't wait to get where you are! yay!
Tuesday can not come quick enough, its been very hard to not test. lol

This next Thursday DH and I have a waterbirthing class to attend at the hospital I intend to deliver at. They have the lowest C-Section rate in the area (around 12%). I'd really like to avoid being sliced into if at all possible.
Right now I am shooting for a non-medicated birth, hence why we are pursuing the waterbirth class. We actually have a midwife who is connected through our OB office. She is the #1 waterbirthing midwife in our area! She is super supportive and actually had a waterbirth with her son 6 years ago.

I was super picky when choosing the name. Both DH and I had names that we have wanted since we were kids, but neither liked the other's suggestions. Finally we flipped through a name book and found "Teagan." DH wanted it to be more unique so we went with "Teagen" instead. It actually means "Little Poet" which is cool since DH has a published book of poetry. I really wanted a non-girly name for when she starts looking into careers. I wanted a name that she could make her own.

Hi
BFN - i started spotting last night so i tested - it was negative. i took another test and same result.
I went for blood test today but AF has picked up so i know im out.

how many cycles did you try before you got your bfp again? 2?

We waiting for three complete cycles before even TTC. That way we figured my body would be back to semi-normal. I also cut out all sugar, salt, caffeine and alcohol while we were trying. DH started on a multivitamin and also cut down on his caffeine and sugar intake.

I'm just writing to say thank you for posting successful post ectopic/methotrexate stories (nice to hear positive stories at the moment). I had my first shot of methotrexate on Dec 14th 2012 after being diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy a few days before. My HCG levels were 900+. They dropped to 600+ then 158 in 2 weeks and I'm hoping that they will be 0 by this Friday! (Fingers crossed).

I am very lucky to already have a healthy 3 year old girl but I am baffled as to what my body has done since 2009. I fell pregnant within 3 months of trying for my little girl so assumed I would fall pregnant quickly with number 2. Unfortunately after 14 months of trying, it ended in this ectopic.

I am now paranoid that the C-section I had with my first may have caused the ectopic and the fertility problems I have suffered with since. I have asked the EPU to give me an HSG after my levels have lowered and I've had a period (as I'm assuming I need to have a period before I can get the HSG) and then hopefully we will starting trying again in March.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and get my body ready, take prenatal vitamins (once my levels are down to zero) and plan to take agnus cactus and evening primrose oil too, in order to try and regulate things. Worth a shot.

Let's hope we can all fall pregnant in 2013!

I don't remember all the numbers and dates. I stopped the pill in June (after 10 years on it) and immediately got pregnant. Shortly after July 4th we discovered that I was pregnant. Mid July it was determined to be ectopic. I had a metho shot and the numbers slowly went down. In mid August I was feeling less terrible and depressed when a coworker announced to everyone that she was pregnant. Due ONE day after I had been. I was beginning to heal emotionally and it all came back full force.

As time went on, my numbers were back to normal and we were allowed to "not try but not prevent again". I had a period 14 days after my number was 0, another one 41 days later, and another 35 days after. My doctor started mentioning Clomid if I was interested, and I filled the prescription, but we decided t give it another cycle. On January 1st, I got a BFP. My progesterone levels were low in the past, so I'm waiting on another round of blood test results. I have different symptoms this time and the doctor is feeling positive. He started me on progesterone following my last blood test on Friday.

I thought my body was damaged and wold take forever to heal, if it ever did. I did not sleep and I cried all the time knowing that something wasn't right with the fetus, and that continued following the injection. It was terrible, the very lowest part of my life, and I thought I might never be the same. I never would have thought that I would have reacted in this way to losing a 5 week old fetus. I didn't feel pregnant or an different than I ever had before, but knowing what was happening was just too much.

I made it through and my husband and I are stronger together than ever. It was a terrible event, but everything has a silver lining. We are closer and somehow even more in love now! We are excited about this pregnancy, but will never forget that first one. I find myself wondering whether it was a boy or girl. Whether they would have been tall like my husband or short like me! It is hard to see my coworker. We weren't friends before, and I rarely see her. I feel bad, but I can't help but feel a little jealous. I wish the best for her and baby of course!! I won't lie though, it's been difficult. March 15 will be a hard day for me I imagine. However, since I will be we'll on my way growing my own bean, it will be okay. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->