Success stories after Methotrexate/ectopic

I'm just writing to say thank you for posting successful post ectopic/methotrexate stories (nice to hear positive stories at the moment). I had my first shot of methotrexate on Dec 14th 2012 after being diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy a few days before. My HCG levels were 900+. They dropped to 600+ then 158 in 2 weeks and I'm hoping that they will be 0 by this Friday! (Fingers crossed).

I am very lucky to already have a healthy 3 year old girl but I am baffled as to what my body has done since 2009. I fell pregnant within 3 months of trying for my little girl so assumed I would fall pregnant quickly with number 2. Unfortunately after 14 months of trying, it ended in this ectopic.

I am now paranoid that the C-section I had with my first may have caused the ectopic and the fertility problems I have suffered with since. I have asked the EPU to give me an HSG after my levels have lowered and I've had a period (as I'm assuming I need to have a period before I can get the HSG) and then hopefully we will starting trying again in March.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and get my body ready, take prenatal vitamins (once my levels are down to zero) and plan to take agnus cactus and evening primrose oil too, in order to try and regulate things. Worth a shot.

Let's hope we can all fall pregnant in 2013!

Thanks for posting, and you are right, you are truly blessed that you already have ONE HEALTHY child, that is what we all want so badly. I honestly do not think that your csection had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with your ectopic, not even a little bit. Hopefully you will reach 0 soon and then get back on track, you can start prenatals again and get that HSG to make sure your tubes are ok.

Good luck, keep positive. I have founds hundreds of women that have gone on to have children AFTER having an ecopic and their stories give me hope.

I don't remember all the numbers and dates. I stopped the pill in June (after 10 years on it) and immediately got pregnant. Shortly after July 4th we discovered that I was pregnant. Mid July it was determined to be ectopic. I had a metho shot and the numbers slowly went down. In mid August I was feeling less terrible and depressed when a coworker announced to everyone that she was pregnant. Due ONE day after I had been. I was beginning to heal emotionally and it all came back full force.

As time went on, my numbers were back to normal and we were allowed to "not try but not prevent again". I had a period 14 days after my number was 0, another one 41 days later, and another 35 days after. My doctor started mentioning Clomid if I was interested, and I filled the prescription, but we decided t give it another cycle. On January 1st, I got a BFP. My progesterone levels were low in the past, so I'm waiting on another round of blood test results. I have different symptoms this time and the doctor is feeling positive. He started me on progesterone following my last blood test on Friday.

I thought my body was damaged and wold take forever to heal, if it ever did. I did not sleep and I cried all the time knowing that something wasn't right with the fetus, and that continued following the injection. It was terrible, the very lowest part of my life, and I thought I might never be the same. I never would have thought that I would have reacted in this way to losing a 5 week old fetus. I didn't feel pregnant or an different than I ever had before, but knowing what was happening was just too much.

I made it through and my husband and I are stronger together than ever. It was a terrible event, but everything has a silver lining. We are closer and somehow even more in love now! We are excited about this pregnancy, but will never forget that first one. I find myself wondering whether it was a boy or girl. Whether they would have been tall like my husband or short like me! It is hard to see my coworker. We weren't friends before, and I rarely see her. I feel bad, but I can't help but feel a little jealous. I wish the best for her and baby of course!! I won't lie though, it's been difficult. March 15 will be a hard day for me I imagine. However, since I will be we'll on my way growing my own bean, it will be okay. :)

congrats on your pregnancy, how far along are you currently?

Very early. See my ticker below! :) My doctor is very optimistic this time. I have more blood work results tomorrow that I am very anxious to hear.

Congrats on falling pregnant ChaiTea, I am really happy for you and hope that it all works out. I can completely relate to feeling a bit gutted that everyone is falling pregnant around you and while you are happy for them, you can't help feeling a bit gutted that it isn't you. I have quite a few pregnant friends right now (two of which are due within weeks of my due date). I think one of the toughest parts is when people start trying after you and then give birth before you're even pregnant. I have a few friends that I know are trying right now and I can't help wondering whether they'll fall and give birth before I'm pregnant again... I know doom and gloom, I do try to remain upbeat most of the time but you can't help it sometimes.

Grace, thanks for your kind words. I'm sure I am indeed being paranoid about the C-section but I just keep feeling that something must be wrong. I really hope that you get your positive sooner rather than later too!

I was told today that they are going to schedule me in for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy next month (I was supposed to have it this month as we'd been unsuccessful after 14 months TTC before the ectopic happened). I'm a little nervous about it as I don't want to cause even more scar tissue etc but I am willing to take the risk in order to see whether they can possibly find anything that might have caused the infertility/ectopic. If anyone has fallen pregnant after these procedures, I would love to hear their success stories.

Thanks in advance!

Very early. See my ticker below! :) My doctor is very optimistic this time. I have more blood work results tomorrow that I am very anxious to hear.

I don't remember all the numbers and dates. I stopped the pill in June (after 10 years on it) and immediately got pregnant. Shortly after July 4th we discovered that I was pregnant. Mid July it was determined to be ectopic. I had a metho shot and the numbers slowly went down. In mid August I was feeling less terrible and depressed when a coworker announced to everyone that she was pregnant. Due ONE day after I had been. I was beginning to heal emotionally and it all came back full force.

As time went on, my numbers were back to normal and we were allowed to "not try but not prevent again". I had a period 14 days after my number was 0, another one 41 days later, and another 35 days after. My doctor started mentioning Clomid if I was interested, and I filled the prescription, but we decided t give it another cycle. On January 1st, I got a BFP. My progesterone levels were low in the past, so I'm waiting on another round of blood test results. I have different symptoms this time and the doctor is feeling positive. He started me on progesterone following my last blood test on Friday.

I thought my body was damaged and wold take forever to heal, if it ever did. I did not sleep and I cried all the time knowing that something wasn't right with the fetus, and that continued following the injection. It was terrible, the very lowest part of my life, and I thought I might never be the same. I never would have thought that I would have reacted in this way to losing a 5 week old fetus. I didn't feel pregnant or an different than I ever had before, but knowing what was happening was just too much.

I made it through and my husband and I are stronger together than ever. It was a terrible event, but everything has a silver lining. We are closer and somehow even more in love now! We are excited about this pregnancy, but will never forget that first one. I find myself wondering whether it was a boy or girl. Whether they would have been tall like my husband or short like me! It is hard to see my coworker. We weren't friends before, and I rarely see her. I feel bad, but I can't help but feel a little jealous. I wish the best for her and baby of course!! I won't lie though, it's been difficult. March 15 will be a hard day for me I imagine. However, since I will be we'll on my way growing my own bean, it will be okay. :)

Ooops wrote a reply and then realised I should have done it directly with a quote (still very new to forums so bear with me).

Congrats on falling pregnant, I am really happy for you and hope that it all works out. I can completely relate to feeling a bit gutted that everyone is falling pregnant around you and while you are happy for them, you can't help feeling a bit gutted that it isn't you. I have quite a few pregnant friends right now (two of which are due within weeks of my due date). I think one of the toughest parts is when people start trying after you and then give birth before you're even pregnant. I have a few friends that I know are trying right now and I can't help wondering whether they'll fall and give birth before I'm pregnant again... I know doom and gloom, I do try to remain upbeat most of the time but you can't help it sometimes.

I was told today that they are going to schedule me in for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy next month (I was supposed to have it this month as we'd been unsuccessful after 14 months TTC before the ectopic happened). I'm a little nervous about it as I don't want to cause even more scar tissue etc but I am willing to take the risk in order to see whether they can possibly find anything that might have caused the infertility/ectopic. So fingers crossed they can help me.

Good luck with your pregnancy - hope it's a stress free one!

I'm just writing to say thank you for posting successful post ectopic/methotrexate stories (nice to hear positive stories at the moment). I had my first shot of methotrexate on Dec 14th 2012 after being diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy a few days before. My HCG levels were 900+. They dropped to 600+ then 158 in 2 weeks and I'm hoping that they will be 0 by this Friday! (Fingers crossed).

I am very lucky to already have a healthy 3 year old girl but I am baffled as to what my body has done since 2009. I fell pregnant within 3 months of trying for my little girl so assumed I would fall pregnant quickly with number 2. Unfortunately after 14 months of trying, it ended in this ectopic.

I am now paranoid that the C-section I had with my first may have caused the ectopic and the fertility problems I have suffered with since. I have asked the EPU to give me an HSG after my levels have lowered and I've had a period (as I'm assuming I need to have a period before I can get the HSG) and then hopefully we will starting trying again in March.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and get my body ready, take prenatal vitamins (once my levels are down to zero) and plan to take agnus cactus and evening primrose oil too, in order to try and regulate things. Worth a shot.

Let's hope we can all fall pregnant in 2013!

Thanks for posting, and you are right, you are truly blessed that you already have ONE HEALTHY child, that is what we all want so badly. I honestly do not think that your csection had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with your ectopic, not even a little bit. Hopefully you will reach 0 soon and then get back on track, you can start prenatals again and get that HSG to make sure your tubes are ok.

Good luck, keep positive. I have founds hundreds of women that have gone on to have children AFTER having an ecopic and their stories give me hope.

Ooops wrote a reply and then realised I should have done it directly with a quote (still very new to forums so bear with me).

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure that I am indeed being paranoid about the C-section but I just keep feeling that something must be wrong. I really hope that you get your positive sooner rather than later too!

I was told today that they are going to schedule me in for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy next month (I was supposed to have it this month as we'd been unsuccessful after 14 months TTC before the ectopic happened). I'm a little nervous about it as I don't want to cause even more scar tissue etc but I am willing to take the risk in order to see whether they can possibly find anything that might have caused the infertility/ectopic. Fingers crossed they can help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->