• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success stories for DIY self-insemination at home??

We're currently using this method (due to DH's hernia, painful to have intercourse) and we use Instead Sofcups. I used syringe before and it wasn't as good as cup. With syringe there is always a risk of air bubbles (not advisable to have them in your vagina) and also sperm leaks out. Cup is better. Have your man ejaculate in softcup and insert straight away, get yourself a nice big O for a cervix to suck up the sperm and go about your day or nite leaving cup inside. You can leave it inside for up to 6-8 hours.

Sperm lives for about 30 mins outside the man's body. I asked a doctor so I know it for a fact. Sperm can live inside a woman's body for longer (sometimes up to 5 days) if there is fertile cervical mucus to nourish and protect swimmers.

As for ethics, my DH doesn't mind at all! In fact it takes pressure of TTC off, believe it or not. We do AI insemination about 3-4 times a week (due to my irregular cycles, I dont know when/if I ov so we want to be sure) and he seems quite happy with that.

DIY insemination works, I've heard several successful stories so there is hope!

Baby dust to all!

We're currently using this method (due to DH's hernia, painful to have intercourse) and we use Instead Sofcups. I used syringe before and it wasn't as good as cup. With syringe there is always a risk of air bubbles (not advisable to have them in your vagina) and also sperm leaks out. Cup is better. Have your man ejaculate in softcup and insert straight away, get yourself a nice big O for a cervix to suck up the sperm and go about your day or nite leaving cup inside. You can leave it inside for up to 6-8 hours.

Sperm lives for about 30 mins outside the man's body. I asked a doctor so I know it for a fact. Sperm can live inside a woman's body for longer (sometimes up to 5 days) if there is fertile cervical mucus to nourish and protect swimmers.

As for ethics, my DH doesn't mind at all! In fact it takes pressure of TTC off, believe it or not. We do AI insemination about 3-4 times a week (due to my irregular cycles, I dont know when/if I ov so we want to be sure) and he seems quite happy with that.

DIY insemination works, I've heard several successful stories so there is hope!

Baby dust to all!

I just bought the instead cups after one unsuccessful attempt with the syringe. I had hoped the AI would take the pressure off DH but it seems to be the opposite.

We missed our window so no Christmas 2012 baby just now hoping for a BFP in 2012. I hope the instead cups will be easier since all sperm stays in the cup. 4 weeks to go until I ovulate again. Sigh patience is a virtue! DH and I have different schedules and he has difficulty maintaining errection during sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->