Successful pregnancy after missed miscarriage anyone??

Barely have moved off the couch since learning that I had also suffered a missed miscarriage a week ago today. Went to the 12wk ultrasound and baby only measured 8wks and no HB. I was scheduled for a D&C two days later and have literally been on the couch since. It has become my security blanket. Emotions have been up and down and I know we'll get through this. Was our first pregnancy and we were super excited. I kept the pos preg test tucked away (hard to throw away) and placed the first ultrasound results tucked away together with my grandmother's photo. Really the only sentaments I have of the dream that feels like was taken away before I got to enjoy it further. Although I know I will carry that precious heartbeat with me in my heart forever. I feel ok on the whole and blessed to have great support around me especially from my husband whose heart also aches. Was told to wait 2 cycles before TTC but both of us feel ready to try again in a couple of weeks although I don't even know if that's possible or if I would ovulate by then? It helps so much to read the positive stories of all of you who had successful pregnancies soon after MMC and I so hope I will be able to post a more positive story soon enough. Baby dust to everyone :hugs:

I had a MMC at 6 wks and i'm 17wks (well almost lol) i've been paranoid every dr appt. But went yesturday and had a strong fetal heartbeat :)

I had a MMC at 13 weeks last year, found at our scan that baby had died some weeks before.

I am now 15 weeks and all is going great although I never thought we'd get to this point. It is difficult not to panic the whole time until you have your scan though. I had morning sickness, but on the days I didn't, I thought all was over. I never did seem to learn that my sickness just came some days and went away others. :hugs:

I had a MMC in Jan at 11 weeks, my D&C was the 7th Jan. my last period was March 11th, so i didnt conceive instantly but it wasnt waiting long.

All the evidence i read suggests there is nothing to harm the second pregnancy, if your body wanst ready then you wouldnt have become pregnant.

The only thing it effects is your state of mind, im terrified, even though i have past my date, it does feel massively better, but i am still terrified, i think ill feel better once i pass my due date which is next month, and then can focus just on this pregnancy (which is twins).

Btw congrats ... you will be fine, i am sure everything wil work out this time, but you will prob worry more than others who havent had a silent miscarriage or a loss.

I've had 2 missed mc in the past 18 months. Both were found in week 12 and both stopped developing around 9-10 weeks. I am now 21 weeks pregnant with a seemingly healthy and active little baby!! Keep the faith. You'll be here soon.

i had a very early miscarriage in october.. then got pregnant in december with this little bundle of joy :) chances are you will be fine!

i had a MMC at 10 weeks in 2007 and a MC at 8 weeks in December 2009 and a MC at 6 weeks in April 2010 and i am now almost 19 weeks pregnant due in November!! :)

Thanks for adding all these happy stories!!!! Been having a few rough days, not for any particular reason just worrying about dropping in morning sickness etc, this is the week when LO's heart stopped beating last time (although i didn't find out till 12 week scan) so i am extra nervous.

congratulations to all you ladies who are soaring through your happy healthy pregnancies after losses xxxx

I had a miscarriage back in the beginning of March and got pregnant 3 weeks later and am now almost 16 weeks!!

Thank you all so much for humouring me!! and making me feel that there is hope with this one.

The missed miscarriage was actually my third miss in a year (two early ones April and June 10) although I am very lucky to have a h & H 6 year old DS and a h & H 3 year old DD. I am keeping everything crossed that I will be able to post my "happy story" about a sucessful pregnancy after losses in about 35 weeks!!!!

I'm glad you said that part, because I wasn't going to tell you that I had two in a row and now am carrying just fine ( I was just going to say "I miscarried and now am carrying strong)... I didn't want to freak you out with the "I had two"...but since you say you have already had multiple m/c's, please know that the cycle does end eventually! I had two in the year, one missed, one not-missed, and now all seems smooth so far. :)

Hang in there Mama...I know it robs you of alot of the joy and simplicity of pregnancy...but I can also tell you that the worry fades with time, the longer you carry that babe and all remains well. :hugs:

these are such great stories, i'm gonna try really hard not to dwell and accept that this is a totally different pregnancy, i think thats great advice thanks.

Kiki04 - i read about your loss in another thread i am so sorry for you, stay strong you'll get through xx

I'm a pretty 'logical' person, and a knowledge of statistics helped me alot. I knew that, no matter how many times I had been pregnant before, with any given pregnancy a 'normal' (meaning no known disorders) woman has a 75-85% chance (different sources give different statistics) of making it through the first trimester without miscarrying. (Once you get past first tri your chances of carrying through to a live baby jump to 97%-- yay!!)

So I HAD to tell myself that this pregnancy is NO DIFFERENT than any of my other healthy pregnancies... and that having two prior made this one no MORE likely to miscarry than any of my others.

Statistically, each pregnancy is an isolated incident, not a collective pool of incidences that affect each others' chances.
In fact, that's what 'got me' with my second one.... my doctor kindly said to me when I was pregnant after my first miscarriage, "Don't stress-- you've gotten your 'statistic' out of the way, so you've had your turn! Now you can just relax..." and I did think "Well, there's no WAY I'd miscarry this time... I just miscarried two moths ago!"

But-- I made the mistake of faulty statistics. Each one is its own, with its own chances, no more, no less.

So remember that... that your chances are JUST as good as they were with each of your healthy babes. :) :hugs:

Hay Jackie, thanks so much x

I made the exact same mistake with my last pregnancy, i thought to myself "well i had two losses last year, gave myself plenty of time inbetween, i've had my share of the bad luck so this pregnancy will be a breeze". So to be told when they found i'd had a MMC at 12 weeks that it was just 'unlucky' was so hard to swallow.

I too am a statistics girl and have been googling furiously to find out what the statitics are for haiving two MMC in a row, mainly because that is my worst fear. Just because i have had not a single speck of blood so far does not mean everything is ok in there, i learnt that the hard way!! ( i haven't found anything that puts multiple missed miscarriages into statistics though).

Soooooo i am having to take deep breaths, remember i have no more chance than anyone else of losing this one and keep busy to help the next few weeks fly by - talking to you fab ladies has also been a life saver for me.

so glad to hear you are having a good pregnancy xx:hugs:

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

We had a MMC at 10 weeks and an ERPC in Feb 2009 and I got pregnant again in May 2009 and had Nathan in March 2010. The pregnancy went fine although I was really paranoid about everything.

Congrats! I had a MMC in November (picked up at 12 week scan - lost baby at about 6-7 wks :cry:)... I had a D & C 2 days later, waited for 1 AF then conceived with this one :cloud9:, on tenterhooks most of the time but not nearly as bad as I was in the first tri... I do feel like I've been pregnant for over a year though as it felt like I went from one long period of morning sickness, straight into another! :flower: xx

I had a MMC, found out at 12 week scan, I'm now 23 weeks pregnant with this baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->