Sucky week-end

pinkjoelle

Reaction score
Feeling so down... Saturday I went to dinner with friends where I was tempted by yummy cheese, smoke salmon and wine. (there was stuff I was able to eat just not as yummy) turns out eating a medium well steak sucks when you like it bloody. Also discovered that cooked veggies makes my stomach turn.

Then I annonced I was going to work ar the end of feburary (I work as a ship cook and im on leave at the moment) even thought my doctor said it was fine my two nurse friend started saying I was risking my baby and all... so I started feeling guilty.

Sunday I woke up feeling like I was hung-over and felt icky all day....

Am I really bad for going back to work? I cant imagine staying home for 9 months, ill go crazy... (im all for homemakers, I just get bored) besides money is nice when your going to have a baby...

Don't feel guilty for wanting to be at work - pregnancy can feel long enough at times without twiddling your thumbs for most of it! and yes, there's the money factor!

Your employer has an obligation to keep you safe and healthy, so you shouldn't be put in any situation or environment that would harm you or baby. Can you speak to your bosses about it? Is there medic or doctor on board? If so I am sure you will be ok, at least for a while...

we have health technicians on board who are sailors and know nothing about this..lol and will be totally embarased if they have to do anything alse than stich me up, cover a burn or reanimate me..lol I may corner them with questions just for fun. :)

My superiors know im pregnant, im allowed to work until 7 months if I want to. althought I dont see myself working while negociating a huge bump and waves. haha. And the boat is never really far from shore if theres an emergency, we also dock every night.

The worst thing I risk going on board is nausea accompagnied by sea sickness and disapointment by my coworkers as I will not be able to party anymore. lol they may also become overprotective... well see..

some people acy as if being pregnant is being sick or handicapt, I hate how they make me feel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->