Sudden gushes of blood-1 week pp!

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
First off let me say that I suffer from pretty bad anxiety but I am so worried :( I was lifting, rocking my 26 lbs son earlier in order to put him to sleep because my dh was having a hard time. After I put him in his crib I nursed ds2 and noticed several gushes of blood. It worried me enough that I went to the bathroom and a whole load of blood poured out. I changed pads and, an hour later, definitely haven't soaked through but I'm still freaking out. I'm terrified of pp haemorrhaging and remember my nurse saying it's most likely to occur 7-10 days pp which I am (gave birth one week ago)!

Do you think the heavy lifting made me bleed more. At this point I have still been bleeding lochia but this really scared me.

I was told that if you notice a large increase in blood or much larger clots that it means you are doing too much and to lay down and rest a bit. Also after feeding you will probably bleed more as your uterus contracts .

I had a big gush of blod too, I don't remember what day pp it was but it really scared me. It was flowing so much I thought I was peeing my pants for a second! After that it slowed by a lot. I do notice the more active I am the more blood I see. I'm almost 3weeks pp and it's definitely slowed but I do still see blood. :shrug:

Thanks for replying guys. I rested all evening and this morning. It slowed down a lot but now to keep my anxieties going it's stopped completely (???) for the last few hours. Is this normal? How can I go from gushing blood yesterday to nothing today (not even after breast feeding)? Has anyone had this?

I talked to a health nurse and she didn't seem overly concerned but I am having a hard time not getting anxious.

It's hard not to get anxious at the sight of blood... I had a couple of golf-ball-size clots a few days pp and was sent to the ER to be assessed. The dr. said it's normal to have even very large clots and for bleeding to stop and start. She said the only time for concern is if you are soaking a pad in less than an hour.

Try not to do too much too soon. I have found that too much activity (or stress) too soon makes me bleed more and makes the flow return to bright red. I found this to be the case after both my pregnancies. Best wishes to you and congrats on your baby!

It's hard not to get anxious at the sight of blood... I had a couple of golf-ball-size clots a few days pp and was sent to the ER to be assessed. The dr. said it's normal to have even very large clots and for bleeding to stop and start. She said the only time for concern is if you are soaking a pad in less than an hour.

Try not to do too much too soon. I have found that too much activity (or stress) too soon makes me bleed more and makes the flow return to bright red. I found this to be the case after both my pregnancies. Best wishes to you and congrats on your baby!

Thank you for understanding my anxieties about this. I felt the same way my last pregnancy postpartum and remember really hating recovery.

I have been doing lots of sitting and relaxing the last few days and so far it seems to be helping. I recently read that you're not suppose to do much of anything the first two weeks and now I see why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->