Sudden Increase in Milk Supply

C

CMarie

Hey Ladies! :flower:

For the past 3 days I've been showing signs of possibly being pregnant such as brown spotting, lower backache and hot flashes (I had those with my son as well), mild cramping, and shooting pains in my breasts.

I know that a decrease in milk supply may indicate pregnancy, but I was wondering if anyone ever experienced a sudden increase in milk supply as a pregnancy symptom or experienced it in early pregnancy? Today when I was nursing my son, I noticed that the milk was actually spraying out of my breasts which is really unusual...that hasn't happened in months. My son was actually having a difficult time keeping up with it! I noticed my breasts have been fuller (another sign of pregnancy), but now knowing that my milk supply has increased it could explain the fullness. My son's nursing schedule hasn't changed at all in 3 months so I know that couldn't be it.

What do you ladies think??

Hmmm no experience of this myself but I just wanted to bump this for you to see if any of the mummies of 2 or more who've nursed through pregnancy can shed any light.

Have you tested?

:hugs:

Also no advice, but also nursing a 14 month old and wondering the same. Stalking for responses.

Thanks for the replies, ladies! I'm testing on Friday so I'll keep you posted :) The increase in supply is definitely still there. LO sleeps through the night and when I wake up in the morning I'm actually engorged now which I haven't been in months.

If it's not pregnancy, do you guys know another reason this might be happening??

Thanks for the replies, ladies! I'm testing on Friday so I'll keep you posted :) The increase in supply is definitely still there. LO sleeps through the night and when I wake up in the morning I'm actually engorged now which I haven't been in months.

If it's not pregnancy, do you guys know another reason this might be happening??

Certain foods can increase supply.

You're not having a bowl of oats / porridge before bed are you? :haha:

Certain foods can increase supply.

You're not having a bowl of oats / porridge before bed are you? :haha:

LOL nope...i do eat it upon occasion for breakfast though :) I didn't even know it increased supply!

I had a decrease in supply, but my let down reflex got stronger so the milk comes out faster/I feel it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->