Sudden onset of high BP symptoms but bp is still ok

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
When I was 39 weeks with my daughter, due to various weird setbacks I hadn't had a prenatal appointment in a whole month. In that month I developed horrible pitting edema in my legs and swelling in my face and hands, as well as headaches and vision changes and nosebleeds and just generally feeling like crap. As well as sudden weight gain. When I went in to my doctor finally I was told my BP was high and ended up getting induced that day. Because we didn't have any appointments and I was uneducated about blood pressure and stuff, I have no idea when exactly the high bp set in, but I suspect it was a few weeks before the appt because I had been having those symptoms.

Now I am 36 weeks with my son. I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment (after remaining at the same weight for three straight appointments and making no lifestyle changes). In the last three days, my legs have gone from literally no swelling to full on pitting edema, which has even gotten worse since this morning. I'm having headaches and dizziness when I stand. I don't feel nearly as shitty as I did at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter but I'm getting there. I just have a gut feeling my bp is gonna get high soon.

At my appointment today my bp was good. I asked if it was higher than it had been for me but she didn't seem to understand me and so I don't know. I think it was like 114/60-something.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else with a history of pre-e has been in a similar situation and what happened. Like, does it sound like my bp is about to go up? Should I check it on my own? I have weekly appointments but my labor was hell last time because of the extremely high BP so I want to catch it ASAP. How long do I have before it skyrockets?

When I was 39 weeks with my daughter, due to various weird setbacks I hadn't had a prenatal appointment in a whole month. In that month I developed horrible pitting edema in my legs and swelling in my face and hands, as well as headaches and vision changes and nosebleeds and just generally feeling like crap. As well as sudden weight gain. When I went in to my doctor finally I was told my BP was high and ended up getting induced that day. Because we didn't have any appointments and I was uneducated about blood pressure and stuff, I have no idea when exactly the high bp set in, but I suspect it was a few weeks before the appt because I had been having those symptoms.

Now I am 36 weeks with my son. I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment (after remaining at the same weight for three straight appointments and making no lifestyle changes). In the last three days, my legs have gone from literally no swelling to full on pitting edema, which has even gotten worse since this morning. I'm having headaches and dizziness when I stand. I don't feel nearly as shitty as I did at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter but I'm getting there. I just have a gut feeling my bp is gonna get high soon.

At my appointment today my bp was good. I asked if it was higher than it had been for me but she didn't seem to understand me and so I don't know. I think it was like 114/60-something.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else with a history of pre-e has been in a similar situation and what happened. Like, does it sound like my bp is about to go up? Should I check it on my own? I have weekly appointments but my labor was hell last time because of the extremely high BP so I want to catch it ASAP. How long do I have before it skyrockets?

Hi Hun, I have has pre e every pregnancy so far. And my first I has eclampsia too which resulted in seizures too. Maybe voice your concern. Although at the moment your bp doesn't appear to be very high. That all being said of you have pitting oedema. It won't be long before you do. Coz the added fluid will put added pressure on your heart. I would give them a call & see what they say. My bp has started to rise still not in the scary remels yet tho. 150/80 when my normal bp is about 110/60. So definitely up. But when it's at its worse it's 218/128 very dangerous indeed. Good luck hun

I've had a headache for six hours that won't go away and I just went to Walmart and checked my bp and now it's 130/76 :(

I've had a headache for six hours that won't go away and I just went to Walmart and checked my bp and now it's 130/76 :(

Might be worth going to get it done manually Hun. I don't trust the machine

I also had pre e in all my pregnancies. I followed the same pattern as you. Massive weight gain and then slow rising Bp until it got very bad. For me 140/85 was super high as my norm is 110/60. I'd keep a close eye and keep monitoring from home...

I also had pre e in all my pregnancies. I followed the same pattern as you. Massive weight gain and then slow rising Bp until it got very bad. For me 140/85 was super high as my norm is 110/60. I'd keep a close eye and keep monitoring from home...

See this is what I thought! I saw a different midwife & she said my bp was fine.. But that's the highest it's been all pregnancy & my consultant said that if it creeps up to go see her. I hate it when you don't see the same person all the time. But if I still feel rough tomorrow I'm going in!

I would give your midwife a call if that is high for you. I've been told to call if I have any high BP symptoms. They will check your urine for protein also

Ive been having headaches for a week now, paracetamol does help, but i also have sinusis/blocked nose, so thought its from that
My normal blood pressure
Is around 114/64, i've checked it few times myself (i have a manual, not machine for that at home) and its still around the same 120/70, no swelling or dizziness.
I am worried about my headaches though, have doctors app tomorrow and midwife on Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->