sudden swelling

AMAS86

Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
Like my whole legs; thighs to feet. My toes aren't sausage toes but my ankles are HUGE and so is my calves and knees! It hurts so much to stand and it feel like they are going to pop. I had to leave campus early because of the pain. I've only been on my feet for 2 hours and this happens. My BP has always been on a low normal side, I don't eat much salt so I'm not sure what's going on. should I let my OB know? I've never had any swelling with my previous pregnancies.

I would just to be safe and also go relax and down some water!

I'm always chugging water lol..I can't straight home and ran me a bath and that's where I'm at now. I've also been having back pain and contractions but not consistent enough to time. So ready for the end :)

I hear ya there!
I've been taking tons of baths since about 30 weeks to help with the back pain and pressure. Everyone says that this pressure I'm getting is normal, but I never hear people say its constant pressure that doesn't go away when sitting or laying down.

I have also been having more Braxton hicks the past couple of days too.. I wonder if this little girl will make it to March or if she will make her debut in February!

Not to panic you but please go to L&D , swelling like you describe is a symptom of pre-eclampsia and should always be checked out.

I've suddenly swollen too, just lower legs and hands but not as bad as with ds. Mine is just water retention etc but it is worth getting checked out.
xz

I just got back on here and seen that it was important to call. Well its now 6 pm and office is closed :( I have an appt Thursday morning at 8 am but I will call my OB first thing in the morning. I've been staying off my feet except going to the bathroom and keeping them elevated. Swelling has came down a bit but still feel the swollen feel.

Ok so after looking up symptoms of preeclampsia, I'm heading to my local pharmacy for my BP to get checked. I didn't k kw a headache, shortness of breath could be a symptom. I wonder if nose bleeds are?.

Yes nose bleeds are. It's honestly not worth the risk, go to L&L.

I checked my bp, 101/66 and called My OB and she said since my bp is good she doesn't think it's preeclampsia. My nose has been stuffy and dry so that's Probably why I've had a nose bleed and headache

I'm glad you got checked hun. and that your dr thinks it's okay. i had a sudden onset of swelling some while back and got checked, turned out to be nothing serious also. my mom actually had pre eclampsia when she was pregnant with me and she got really worried when I asked her about swelling.

For what it's worth my nose often bleeds during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->