• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sudden weight gain at 22 weeks

Elsa50501

Mommy of 2!
Reaction score
I’ve been steadily gaining my weight back since 12/13 weeks, after a first trimester of losing weight due to morning sickness and food aversion. I have been back up to me pre pregnancy weight at around 20 weeks and now in since Friday I’ve gone from gaining a pound a week or so to gaining like 3 lbs a week! My eating and activity hasn’t changed, i’m not blocked up...

Fingers crossed this is not a trend but more like a growth spurt!

I thought 1-2 lbs a week was the target. Anyone else have some random growth spurt weeks and then go back to normal weight gain after? I don’t want to decrease calories, but 3lbs a week is too much.

It might be fluid retention, or your body increasing blood volume. I had spikes in weight gain in my first pregnancy but it never amounted to much. Now I gain a lot in the first trimester and steady throughout the rest. Try not to worry about it, it's likely nothing serious.

Yes this happened to me a few times. It freaked me out at first because I thought if I continue like this I’m going to be huge!! But I’d usually gain 3-5lbs one week, then lose the next, then maintain, then another big gain etc. I didn’t gain more than 25lbs overall so it wasn’t bad!

I would often gain a lot in a short time then nothing for ages.

But to be honest, as long as you’re eating sensibly and healthily, or as best you can (I still have sickness and aversions at 29 weeks so just eat what I can) I wouldn’t worry too much about weight gain. It can all come back off afterwards!

I think I gained 25 lbs total in my first pregnancy. And I was back to my pre pregnant weight 2 weeks post partum. But I can't for the life of me remember if I had weeks like this before. I just remember the 1/2 lb to 1 lb gains, lol. Maybe I blocked out the fat weeks.

I tend not to gain anything then hit 20 weeks and gain 28lb in the last twenty weeks. Don't worry it will even put it's all baby and the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->