• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Suddenly not sleeping

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Sorry if this is jumbled but I'm sooo tired and can't sleep. The last few weeks I've been getting 4 hours sleep a night max. Usually I lie awake until 1-2am and then finally sleep, then Bens up between 5-6. Tonight I was asleep by 11, and I woke at 3 and now I'm just tossing and turning. I'm so frustrated.

I'm lucky in that he goes to his Dads for 3 nights a week and right now I'm not working so in those days it's not too bad. I can play catch up in the day when I'm tired but after 4 days with Ben running on empty I can't cope. I know I have anxiety and I can lie here thinking about the most stupid things worrying myself and its mad.

I know by 8 this morning I'm going to be a zombie and desperate for a lie down. Bens been so good bless him and tells me to rest and just watches a film while I doze but I can never properly sleep as I'm so conscious he's next to me. I just needed to rant!!! I started taking new anti depressants a couple of weeks ago but this lack of sleep started before that. They have however been making me dizzy and giving me migraines so I've stopped for now because its too much.

Sorry this is so self pitying but I'm aching all over and just want to sleeeeep. I know he'll be up soon though so what's the point now? Arghhh.

I have been like this since May, that's the last time I slept for more than 4-5 hours a night.. I'll be exhausted but still can't sleep. No idea what's triggered mine but I've been close to going to the doctors about mine.

Hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

I had a bad bout of insomnia a few months ago, think it was caused by stress, is there any new stress in your life? I tried several different sleeping pills and the one that finally worked was a low-dose of Amitriptyline, took it for a month or so and then my sleeping went back to normal. (Insomnia is back again now though :dohh: but I think thats due to drinking too much so I'm cutting back a lot to see if that helps)

Edit: I would definitely advise going to the doctor about it (you too lauraxamy!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->