Suggested induction because of parvovirus/slapped cheek/fifth disease

DixieLu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has been in my position or can offer any advice. I'm 38 weeks with baby #3. Both daughters have in the space of the last 3 months had slapped cheek a number of times. My bloods came Back positive for it about a week ago and so today I went for a scan and consultant check. Scan showed nothing to be concerned about, growth exactly on track, no swelling or excess fluid in baby or placenta yet consultant still suggested induction because having the baby here and being able to test haemoglobin levels is the only sure way to check baby isn't anaemic.

I was booked for a home birth and with first two babies delivered "late" at 40+16 and 40+9. Now being suggested I have baby in hospital and be induced anytime. Obviously I don't want to put baby at risk by refusing induction but also feel I will have a more positive birth (for baby and me) and easier recovery if I'm "allowed" to go naturally.

Anyone any experience or knowledge on the subject?!

Can't say for the disease part, but I was induced with my second and third, and luckily fought to go natural and went into labor at 42w4d with my fourth and I can say it was a lot better than being induced. All of my babies have been late, my daughters both came way late. It is your birth and your baby so you have the final say.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I think unless they can give me some specific and quantified risks to baby I will be asking for whatever monitoring is appropriate and be holding out as long as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->