Suggestions on what to order?

PitaKat

Reaction score
For Valentine's Day my husband and I are going to try out an Indian restaurant. Neither of us have ever had indian food before, and so have no idea what to order! What Indian dishes are you partial to?

Oops, forgot to add that I like spicy foods, but my husband prefers more mild dishes.

Im a big fan of mild dishes so would reccomend that your husband tries kormas or masalas as thats about the hottest i can handle lol

My hubby likes really spicy food and he quite often gets tandoori grilled meat selections, which tend to be served still sizzling at the table which he really likes cos hes a big kid lol

Mmmmmm chicken tikkia korma is lush!!! And keema nan n keema rice lol, were having indian too :)

I like bhuna and jalfrezi, but my favourite is sagwalla, it's basically meat with spinach in a spicy creamy sauce and the one we go to puts chopped cashews in. It's heaven!

My hubby loves a malayan its got pineapple chunks in and is quite mild. I like Dupiaza its medium curry with tomato based sauce. Also peshwari naan is scrummy it has a flaked coconut filling. Chicken Pakora are good they are like spicy chicken nuggets and the classic onion bahji.

I like it hot and love a chilli chicken massala. If I want something mild I usually order a sag massala or a bhuna . The heat does tend to vary from place to place though.

You can usually ask them to make it hot/not hot.

Butter chicken(mild)

I would go for a madras for spice :)

I love butter chicken, or chicken saag wala its a spinach curry. also spinach aloo which is potatoes and spinach.

I love madras,it is quite spicy if you really love spicy you could get a vindaloo. For mild if go for korma. My fave side dishe is saag paneer,its spinach with Indian cheese,yumm

I just have a mild chicken curry or a chicken tikka masala, im not a fan of spicy food

saag aloo is Awesome, and always get a samosa ;)

I love chicken or prawn tikka masala, yum yum!

Ooh, thanks for the suggestions! Yummy, I'm really excited to try some of these dishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->