Summer babies UK sleeping

Helen76

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
Hi,

My little boy is due 6th July and I'm wondering what I should be covering him in when he is first born? He will be sleeping in a Moses basket and we live in a new build so our house retains a lot of heat.

I plan to get a 1.0 tog gro bag but they are not suitable until the baby is 8lb 8oz so not sure what to do in the meantime until he reaches that weight? I'm worried that if I use a blanket in the Moses basket that he might cover himself in it during the night and that he won't be warm enough in just a sleep suit.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks,
H xx

I have bought a few saddles to wrap bub in until I can use the sleeping bags.

Edit-obv meant swaddles :p

Hello fellow due date buddy :wave: ! :)

My little one is going to be swaddled until she is big enough to be into her gro bags.

I've been practising on a teddy!! I just bought 12 large muslins off eBay which I will use. I also have a thin cellular blanket in case she needs an extra layer (doubtful) which if I were to use I would tuck under the matress of the basket / cot.

Hey, hi due date buddy :hi:

So it looks swaddling may be the way to go, I know gro bag do a swaddling variation but one of the reviews said it was too warm. Maybe I need to go with a thinner blanket to swaddle him in.

Thanks!

H xx

Here's the muslins I bought......they are huge! :) great for burping, blankets, swaddles, covers, general mess wiper uppers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-WHITE-100-Cotton-Muslin-Squares-75x75cm-MADE-IN-EU-/320696073842?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Bibs_Muslins_LE&hash=item4aaaf9be72

Also just seen this on mothercare website which looks quite good

https://www.mothercare.com/Summer-Infant-Swaddle-Pod/305674,default,pd.html#q=Swaddle

Will check out the muslins too, thanks Sue.

H xx

Glad I read this as I was planning on putting baby into grow bag straight away. Didn't realise there were weight limits, I bought newborn so assumed ok.

We have the swaddle me blankets they look perfect they velcro so baby
Cant wriggle out ")

Hi. They do extra large muslin clothes. I'm going to use that to swaddle and when a little bigger as a blanket as they are breathable.

We have the summer infant swaddle pod and can't wait to use it. I will also swaddle using muslins and tuck blankets under mattress.

Exactly what I'm planning ladies. Lightweight swaddle with cellular firmly tucked under mattress xxx

Hey Zfbaby, just wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow and beyond. Took me a while to get there too so I can imagine how you must be feeling! Hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long!!

Best of luck!

Thanks everyone else for the responses.

H xx

Swaddling for me - even until they are bigger than 8.8 as my babies have always slept better when their arms are swaddled.
I have muslins and a summer swaddle thing as well as a shawl for when we are out or colder evenings. It is snowing in Scotland today so am not holding out for a hot summer!

Will be swaddling here also...I have the baby gro swaddles

X

Swaddling definitely.

Eddy was born end of May last year and in the middle of summer it was often just a nappy and a muslin as a swaddle and he was still too hot bless him (he was big though so maintained heat well).

Most of the time you may not actually need a cover. Just putting them in a light baby grow may be enough :thumbup:

So just to check, when first born just a muslin swaddle (if baby likes it) and a blanket well tucked in is all that is required?

So glad I read this as I just was going to put him straight into a sleeping gro bag

Any recommendations on what to use for swaddling? Links would be great!

:hi: I'm due a day after you :D
I'm going to be swaddling bubba in cotton "christening" blankets. They're very light and cool so if I need another layer I'll just tuck another of the same over the top :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->