Summer Baby Wearing?

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
How do you wear your baby during the hot summer months? I love wearing Emma and she usually falls asleep very well in my moby. But, it is just getting too hot to wear her like that. Today it was 80-85 degrees and when she woke in it we were both wet. I hate being that hot, she doesn't sleep well when she is so sweaty and I am worried about her over heating.

Also, in case anyone knows- can I wear her ff in my moby? I am sure she would love to look around sometimes when I know she isn't going to nap, but wasn't sure.

No, FF isn't recommended in any carrier. Some manufacturers will tell you you can but it's really not good for LO's hips. It wouldn't hurt to do it every now and then BUT if you show LO the option, she'll probably want it all the time. As she gets a bit older, you can probably adjust the wrap a bit to let her see better. By about 8 months, my LO would sort of turn sideways with one arm out and that allowed her to see plenty.

I couldn't use a stretchy wrap at all, it was just too warm for me even in winter. As your LO is getting older now, it might be time to think about moving on to either a woven wrap or another type of carrier as I would imagine a stretchy won't be supportive enough for too much longer. I used a mei tai which was nice as although it was a fairly thick woven material for the back panel, you get gaps around the sides for a bit of a breeze. It was the same with a soft structured carrier e.g. R&R, Connecta, Ergo. My favourite was a woven wrap though - even though you have as many layers as a stretchy, they come in loads of different fabrics so you can go for a cooler one. Mine is cotton and is nice and cool, plus as they're more supportive than a stretchy you can do loads of different carries, some with only one layer of fabric across LO's back.

Do you have a sling library near you? It might be worth going along for a test drive.

Subbed! Baby not here yet, but I've ordered a Calin Bleu gauze woven wrap which should arrive any day now. It gets soooooooooo hot here during summer, but I really want to keep her close as much as possible. :)

I have an Ergo, but I don't like where the hip straps sit on me at the size Emma is right now. Once she is taller and the straps can sit on my hips instead of higher and pushing my chub out I think I will like it. I have been wanting to get a woven wrap. Thanks for the replies:)

I have an ergo which I love but it is just too hot to wear out and about in humid Houston!

I bought an EllaRoo wrap and a Babyette cotton gauze wrap and they are much better. Also, I got a linen sling from Comfy Joey but it hasn't arrived yet. If you think you might like to use one, they have free shipping this month to celebrate their 9th anniversary. The code for free shipping is on their FB page.

I have an ergo which I love but it is just too hot to wear out and about in humid Houston!

I bought an EllaRoo wrap and a Babyette cotton gauze wrap and they are much better. Also, I got a linen sling from Comfy Joey but it hasn't arrived yet. If you think you might like to use one, they have free shipping this month to celebrate their 9th anniversary. The code for free shipping is on their FB page.

Thank you! Please let me know how you like it.

Also, to the pp, we don't have a library in my area:( I wish we did!

Thank you! Please let me know how you like it.

Also, to the pp, we don't have a library in my area:( I wish we did!

I sure will! It will be my first time using a ring sling and I'm a little excited :) eventually I intend to DIY some slings for me and my nieces :blush:

Update: I love my linen sling. A lot. I'm thinking of making some for myself in different colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->