Sunburn help any ideas?

Ein_85

Just Me & the Missus
Reaction score
Hokay so, I got a pretty horrible sunburn on Sunday, and I've been applying Aloe, and moisturizing lotion with no perfume, and using vinegar. The skin has started to bubble up and the pain is about a 8 on a scale of one to ten, when I move. Is there anything else I can do? I don't have insurance, so going to the doctor would be a last resort.

bathe in a cool bath or shower for ages to rehydrate your skin.
get some lotion from chemist to take the heat out
do not burst the blisters infection risk
drink plenty and take regular pain relief
xx

Aloe cream is all well good, but if can find an aloe vera.plant and use the straight plant gel. Or use pawpaw cream. :)

I had the same thing 2 summers in a row. I was told it was 2nd degree burns and to do the following:

1. Apply Aloe Vera Gel every 3 hours
2. Apply Polysporin Gel or Cream every 2 hours in between the Aloe Vera
3. Take many cool showers/baths/ or cool cloths and apply them to the burn area
4. Try not to have any clothing rubbing directly on the burn, and if you have to then try to wear thin cotton shirts so it isn't too much pressure on the burn.

Hopefully it will be gone in a few days, or at least more manageable! :hugs:

I live in Arizona and JUST had the most brutal burn (in fact, I am still peeling from over 1 week ago).

Vinegar works GREAT! The worst mistake is to let ANY soap, shampoo or conditioners hit the burn .... it is recommended NOT to wash your hair. I didn't realize this until I took a shower and I felt like I wanted to ITCH my skin off and it burned SO bad.

I used vinegar and After Sun Lotion (banana boat) before it blistered. After blistering I tried to apply Aloe. Finally now that it's peeling off, I am using the After Sun Lotion again. It still itches like crazy tho.

Good luck!!!!

This may sound slightly weird but it works for me (although at this point I'm not sure if it will help you, but it's worth a try, might only work in the beginning though, I'm not sure).

ANYWAY...go to the store and buy premade tea (or just make some) it doesn't really matter if it's sweet or unsweet, but I prefer unsweet, otherwise you get sticky...Lol. I usually pour it in the sink (with the drain stop in of course) and soak wash clothes and hand towels in for a few minutes and then apply them towels to the burn. :)

hope you feel better soon!

thank you all so much! I am happy to say the pain is god, and I and the OH look like a couple of snakes with all the skin shedding going around! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->