Sunflowers

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
I am having a go at growing some sunflowers this year

I planted them the first back holiday in may

Do they look like they are meant too, how long do you think it will be before any flowers start to grow

I threw away the seed packaging and can't remember what type of sunflower they are

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
they look good, it takes weeks for the flowers to come, but they do grow fast and as soon as they are taller/stronger/out grow the pot you can plant them in the ground they seem to grow faster with more room. i have grown some in pots before but they only grew as half as tall as the ones in the ground. I had some a few years ago that started in yoghurt pots and had to be hacked down in october, they were over 10ft and and were about an inch thick.

I can't plant them in the ground this year cos we are having our garden done, we have the worst soil

I will plant them in there own individual pots

Mine came to a holt in the pot and I put them in the ground a week ago and they have doubled in size! I would recommend planting them somewhere x

I grew about 6 in one of those long plastic window tray thingys. they looked good but still needed staking because they weren't very strong or on a windy day. We should post weekly pics of their progress and their final heights.

It's interesting, i got a mixed set and accidentally mixed them up, most of them died :( but 6 were ok, then 4,5 and now i have two, but they could be any of four types, fingers crossed they are red. I have 12 giant ones doing well. the other year mine from the yoghurt pots grew 3 and 4 heads. lol

I think I will plant them in mils garden

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->