Sunning out stains

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I must say when I saw this mentioned I thought you were all bonkers.

However, I've just gone to get nappies off the line and ones that were stained yellow are white :shock:

I'm actually amazed. How does it work?!

You dont really want the scientific explanation do you? :lol:

I always peg things to face the sun even if its not really in need - keeps things bright and clean looking :)

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/309631/the_bleaching_power_of_the_sun.html

Its great isnt it... I'm just worried about the winter, no sunshine and yucky stained nappies :nope:

I got lily pollen all over my mates powder blue sweat shirt at uni....dark orange staining and I left in on my chair in the sun and when I went to grovel and give it back...the stain had gone!!!!

It is why loads of things fade in the sun too, like sofas etc.

windows dont filter uv at all thats why you can still get sunburnt inside if you sit at a window all day lol.

Great article! At least my wheelie bin is cleaner than I thought it was! lol

i was same as you, i didn't believe it either and was shocked when it did work!

apparently bright moonlight will do the same.

if you leave things on the window sill it bleaches them. I put mini boosters on there when its not good weather but the light still gets to them :)

OMG, i thought windows did have filters!!! What a mistakea-to-makea!!

just read that normal windows do block some UV rays, but not all.

yeah, it blocks uvc but not uva or uvb which are the damaging waves. Windows will only refract those rays.

all the websites say that most UVB and some UVA are blocked. UVB are the most immediately damaging rays. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->