super confuddled about washing nappies help please

mummy_em

2 boys 2 girls perfect
Reaction score
some of my nappies are smelling after my lo has done a wee in them i was told that bold 2 in 1 was ok to use then told its not:dohh: tryed to do a strip wash but still no joy can some one please tell me how to get them smelling good again and what i should be washing them in thankyou xxx:thumbup:

i find if i do a run with fairy non bio after a short presoak in nappisan then they come out smelling fine

You are ok to use bold 2in1 as the softener in it is clay (rather than oil) based so it doesn't clog up the nappies. How much of it do you use in each wash though? And how did you strip them?

I use Bold 2 in 1 for my night nappies. It's fine to use, as Rachel_C said, it's clay-based and not oil-based. I use about 1/4 of the amount I'd normally use for a wash (which is about half the "recommended" amount which the packet suggests!).

i use fairy non bio whilst i do a long a wash then i always give them an extra rinse at the end, ans i put a little but of essential oils in the little plastic lid thing that comes with my fairy deterngent then they come out smelling lovely. i was at 40 but every once in a while i do a 60 wash x

If you've already done a strip wash, it may be your machine which needs cleaning. I do mine regularly with a dishwasher cleaner bottle. I just put the bottle of fluid in the washing machine drum, and run a hot wash programme.

Failing that, do you line dry? A good blow in the sun does wonders to sanitise nappies. And if all else fails, I'd second the soak in nappy sanitiser, although I woulod use something like BioD, rather than Nappisan - Nappisan. I read a report on what was in Nappisan, and it's not very nice stuff:winkwink:

I also always wash in Ecobals, with a tablespoonful of Ecover laundry bleach in with li=ght coloured loads and nappies, to help remove any stains. (It's the same active ingredient as oxy-action, but about 1/2 the price)

I find that line drying the nappies is the crucial thing. I soak them in Mothercare's own brand ecological nappy soak, and wash in Ecover liquid (mainly because I like the smell), but without a good blow on the line, and exposure to daylight, the stains don't really go away.

Oops, coming back to add that we don't use a great many cloth nappies, because I don't find them compatible with a 40 hour working week, so it's not worth while washing them separately: they go in with the family wash at 40 degrees.

Bold works great for washing our nappies and got the smell out where Persil non bio didnt, but LO is reacting to Bold now as it is biological so im needing to find another alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->