Super dark + OPK two weeks post-O. Neg HPT. Confused!

2FLmoms

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I am new to this forum and to TTC. I am 30, using donor sperm shipped with TYB to conceive (my partner is a woman...so no swimmers here :). We BD a lot, but unfortunately that won't help us!

On CD 18 I got a smiley face from my clearblue advanced monitor followed by two days of positive cheapie OPKs and a final day of neg OPK. Some darker than others, but all positive. We inseminated twice (CD19-20) after the smiley face.

Of course I have developed a serious problem with peeing on things. I mean, really, bathroom breaks are so not satisfying unless I am watching a stick turn pink. So I did lots of HPT tests and nothing. The last day I did one, in the early afternoon on CD31 with the same urine I used to get the smiley on the ClearBlue OPK. HPT was neg.

For two days since then I have had SUPER dark +OPK (photo below). We almost had our donor send us the goods, but decided against it because I am stressing myself out a bit too much. And we didn't want to waste the $ for shipping in case I got my period today. Which I didn't!

My cycle is very erratic, but I would expect my AF anytime now...if I ovulated earlier on CD18. Because I am new to this, I did not take temping seriously until 5 days post-O (CD23).

SO yesterday I had a dip (97.5) and today a spike (97.9 or 98.1 depending on which temp you believe--but I thought BBT is supposed to be your lowest temp, so I went with that one for my chart).

Do you women think I just didn't O the first time and now I am? I have cramping on both sides (not at the same time) of my uterus, and kinds of inside my vag (sorry TMI!) but I am at the point where I think I am imagining things! I know that O pain is usually just one side...ugh. I have read that some women get LH spikes before AF, but I have had 3 days of darker lines than I have ever seen in a couple months of using them fairly regularly (although it is only fair to say I have been really on it for the last cycle).

HELP! I have also included my fertility friend chart. Obsess with me a little?!

I am excited to join this community. I have been stalking for a few weeks and have to say this is the breath of air I need right now. My partner is super awesome, but not nearly as obsessed with my CM as I am :wacko:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e6da3

Attachments

• 20140412_073613.jpg
    20140412_073613.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
It's hard to know if you o'd originally because you haven't temped the whole month Hun. Also, some women do get an LH surge and positive OPKs just before AF shows up.
All the best xx

What brand hpt are you using? The clearblue opks are pretty sensitive so maybe your opk is picking it up but your less sensitive hpt is not? Fingers crossed for you!!

Hi Ladies!

Thanks so much for the replies...was starting to think I was alone! AHH.

Anyways--I am now on day 5 of super positive OPKs. Like darker than the control line on every one of them.

I am using the dollar store brand New Choice mostly for the ovulation side. I have also used my last Wondofo on the first day of this long LH surge--on thursday when I also got the neg hpt and the SMILEY from the ClearBlue advanced fertility monitor. For the preg test I used a First response early test--the most sensitive.

I may try to trick the monitor to check for a smiley again today too--it won't let you use it for several days after a smiley.

Also today I have updated my chart--I am getting some temp spikes. But do you girls know if the BBT is supposed to be the lowest? Mine tends to drop a few degrees between when I first take it and 10 seconds later when I take it again!!! haha.

Laura,

I have heard about the positive OPKs before AF shows up...but it has been so many days now I am lost! I do hope AF shows up so I can start over--this cycle I am going to maybe take clomid. I have it in my closet from the Doc, but I was worried it may throw my already irregular cycle even more out of whack. But at this point I don't think this is possible!

I am going to call my doc today--we did tests last month and I never heard anything. But I know she checked my thyroid and other things that may indicate PCOS. She should've called me if the tests were not normal--but we shall see!

Thanks for reading y'all! I need some help.

Hi!

I really hope it works out too--I am going to the doc today so we will see if she can help.

I am now on day 6 of positive OPKs. This is so confusing and weird. But I guess our bodies are not all textbook.

Anyone else have any ideas?! Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->