Super stressed - advice please

Cat Louise

Reaction score
Hi All,

My LO is 6 weeks old and we have been BF really well. The only problem is that she will only go to sleep when nursing, and screams unless I unless I do this, even if she's not hungry. I'm really stressed as I'm going to a concert tomorrow night and will have to leave her with my parents, and know that she is going to scream all night.

Please can you tell me if this is normal and if I am doing wrong by comforting her with the breast to get her to sleep? I feel sorry for my husband as he can't comfort her when she wakes up - plus it means I don't get any time to myself (although as a mum a know this is to be expected). Tonight I have spent 3 hours trying to get her to sleep, but she keeps waking up when I put her down and will only go back to sleep when nursing. Currently my hubbie is up stairs trying to calm her, but I can't stand hearing her crying.

Advice please!

Owen is 6 weeks and is doing the exact same thing. I think it is part of the 6 week growth spurt. Last night he was awake for 5 hours straight just nursing, when he fell asleep and i moved him he would instantly wake and cry until i let him latch again. I hope that's what it is and it will be over soon :hugs:

maddie did this all the time at 6 weeks as well:cry: i'm sure your lo will be fine:thumbup: but i think as your lo gets older the less boobie time they want:thumbup: your doing great :thumbup: x

I sounds like a growth spurt to me hun, so hopefully things will improve in just a few days time :hugs:

Have you tried giving a dummy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->