Superfetation Odds

NYgirl15

Reaction score
Seems like a crazy question, but does the possibility even exist at 11 weeks pregnant? All cases I have read about happened within 3-4 weeks max of each other and even those are one in a million.

Sorry if this seems silly. Thanks for the info.

I don't think you would ovulate so far apart, but there's so few cases of it anyway that I don't think anyone can really say for sure!

Is that when you conceive twins, weeks apart?

I don't think I've ever heard of it happening more than 4 weeks apart when the next ovulation would have been due.

It's rare even when it's close together. There's something like 11 recorded cases of it ever happening. You would have to be one of the very special few women who continue ovulating even when pregnant. & even then, our bodies thicken the uterus lining so a second embryo can't attach itself. It's also like you said, usually 2/3 weeks apart as then the babies act like twins and there's not much threat to the younger one. 11 weeks apart the second baby would be born at 29 weeks and that's assuming you made it to 40 weeks. I think one of the cases were 8 weeks apart.

I'm rambling lol, but yeah, I don't think it's likely at all! x

From the answers my answer is yes, I heard a case where woman had double womb, but don't know what the difference was though.

Oh man I didn't realize this could actually happen! OH joked about it the other week and I told him to stop being so stupid! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->