superhero costumes

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
we had a birthday party last weekend. it was a superhero theme.
mine dressed in a DIY Batman costume (which I am really prod of, would post pictures if I knew how to it on my phone! :dohh:) but most of the children were in off-the-shelf costumes.
I hadn't realised this before but I noticed that all the Hulks, SpiderMans, etc had big muscles and six packs (with foam/padding)

Does anyone else think this is inappropriate for a boy?
I mean, a PowerGirl costume with massive foam boobs would get lots of complaints, so why this is ok?! :growlmad:

It's never really bothered me tbh. Lana has batman, superman and hulk and they all have big padded bits.

Muscle power is part of being a superhero so I don't think it's comparable to boobs at all.

Idk, I think in our society, boobs are seen as sexual whereas muscles are more a sign of physical strength. My DS has several costumes like this and it isn't something I've thought about. What bothers me more is my daughter's obsession with Barbie and make up, both of which I think don't send out such great messages. I actually downloaded a dress up app for her on my phone once and one of the girls in the app says in an American voice 'I need make up to make me prettier tonight.' Bearing in mind that this is an app aimed at pre teen girls... anyway I'm on a rant now so I'll shut up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->