Superstitions

kmpreston

Reaction score
Does anyone else find themselves watching out for stupid signs and old wives tales that mean you might be pregnant?

My friend always says when you're pregnant everyone seems to be announcing or you see prams everywhere

Most of my family's salute individual magpies cause they are bad luck and then do that "one for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy thing".

There are a couple more things that I can't think of right now.

Anyway there are pregnant people and prams everywhere. And I keep seeing paired up magpies this month (last month they were ALL single).

Think I'm going mad

I do the same hun! I find it silly of myself but still do it aha x

:haha: Me :wave: Ive heard many times lady bugs are a superstitious sign of pregnancy and of course DS came home this weekend with a picture of lady bugs that he colored at school. Im just now ovulating today so I can only hope.

I did see a lady bug last cycle which I did get my bfp but it ended in a miscarriage :cry:. I like to believe it in because it gives me hope and helps me stay positive even if it is a little silly.

:haha: Me :wave: Ive heard many times lady bugs are a superstitious sign of pregnancy and of course DS came home this weekend with a picture of lady bugs that he colored at school. Im just now ovulating today so I can only hope.

I did see a lady bug last cycle which I did get my bfp but it ended in a miscarriage :cry:. I like to believe it in because it gives me hope and helps me stay positive even if it is a little silly.

OMG, I can't believe you posted this! I've never heard of this superstition, but get this: Yesterday we took our son to the pumpkin patch. As we were leaving, my hubby and I noticed a ladybug on the dashboard of our car. How weird is that?! It's October and chilly over here. Where on earth would a lady bug come from?!

OMG, I can't believe you posted this! I've never heard of this superstition, but get this: Yesterday we took our son to the pumpkin patch. As we were leaving, my hubby and I noticed a ladybug on the dashboard of our car. How weird is that?! It's October and chilly over here. Where on earth would a lady bug come from?!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Might be a sign!!! Before seeing the ladybug i saw last cycle before getting my BFP I hadn't seen one an literally years!! And then I got my BFP 2 weeks after. Ill be keeping my fx for your bfp!

Me! I love superstitions like that, its fun! :haha: I also salute the magpies as my mum did it growing up & I love the ladybug idea! Hope its a sign for you Gwen! :dust:

I Can't think of any at the moment but I always find animals know, especially dogs, & they act strange around you. Also both my Mum & my MIL knew before I'd even told them when I was pregnant with my daughter. Female intuition.

Oh wow, I love the ladybug superstition. I love ladybugs and am going to TTC #2 from next month. I'm really hoping to have a girl and if I'm lucky enough I'll be doing her room in ladybug theme.

I'm off to look for ladybugs.... :wohoo:

Oh my gosh the ladybug thing. I'm going to laugh if this comes true, because earlier this month I found one on a walk and even have a nice photo I took of it. :haha: Didn't even think anything of it at the time I saw it other than "Aww, that's cute. Time for a photo!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->