Supply & Fussy 5 month old will only feed at home

Peppermint25

Reaction score
Hi all! As the post says. Since about 3.5 months my LO refuses to breastfeed anywhere but at home. She used to be a little champ at feeding anywhere and on the go. This all stopped as she got bigger and started to be more interested in her surroundings. Now if iv try to feed her when we'r out she fussies about and tries to pull away and sit up. It's got to the point where it's too embarrassing and stressful out in public so this past week I have stopped trying.

Because she will only feed in the house it makes us very restricted what we can do and how long we are out for.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas to encourage her to feed outwith the house? She really is just too darn nosey for her own good!

We went out for the day yesterday as I thought it would be ok as I could try feed her in the car. Well she refused to feed, I only managed to get her to feed for a minute or two when she was sleepy in the car. Because of this I was totally stressed out worrying about her and wanting to just get home. She missed a feed whilst we were out, although did catch up all evening when we were home. However, today when I woke up both my breasts are as flat as a pancake and empty feeling. Can happen from when less feed?! Because they have been empty and definitely reduced supply she has been super fussy all day avd getting angry at feeding. This has stressed me out majorly! I'm hoping with a more normal day feeding they will be back to normal tomorrow. They still feel really empty now though.

So please any ideas how to encourage her to feed outside the home and also advice on my current situation of reduced supply and empty breasts :(

Drink lots of water and eat oatmeal and let her nurse as much as she can to help with supply. Unfortunately I don't have any advice for distracted feeding in public. That didnt happen for me until thorrin was 8 months old and at that point he was dropping feedings anyway.
Maybe you'll just have to ride this phase for now and try again in a couple weeks?

I cant feed phoebe in the car anymore, she comes off the boob to grin at me and stare out the window! I try and find feeding rooms now xx

Thanks for your replies. Iv drank loads of water, yet today when I have woken up they are still extremely floppy and not at all full like they usually are at this time :( I will get eating oatmeal and will try taking a trip to the shops to find fenugreek. As for the feeding rooms I have tried them too but she still refuses. I really am at a loss! She definitely favours lying down to be fed so I wonder if the problem is not wanting to be more upright or perhaps uncomfy on my knee

re the supply issue, there's no way you're getting AF is there? I had one AF at about 8 weeks and supply really dropped off for a couple of days. It might not be but just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->