Supply help.

Expecting1

Reaction score
Last week I was able to feed until empty on one side (he would only empty one at a time) and pump about 4oz from the other....
Now I can barely get 2oz from one and nothing from the other :cry:
He was only snack feeding for a couple days but now he's on for at least 15 minutes but I still can't get anything with the pump ...... what's happening? Will my supply go back up???? :sad1:

Your supply is still regulating itself... Pumping reli isn't a good indication of how much you are making at all.

Just relax and let your lo feed.

From someone who has had massive supply issues both under and over my best advice is for the first 4 weeks don't pump if u can avoid it.
Let your supply regulate on its own and after a month or two introduce a pumping schedule.

Thank you. I will try that. I'm still so worried because I can't actually see how much he's getting! He had well over 6 wet nappies today yet I'm still so paranoid!

Have faith in your body. Pumping even two ounces this early is amazingly good, but don't pump if you don't have to. Let your baby teach your body what he needs :)

I agree, don't pump too early if you don't have to. I pumped only 3 times when LO was 3 weeks old and it caused oversupply issues which took me ages to sort out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->