Supply not the same after AF returns?

misspriss

Reaction score
I've always had oversupply, although just slight. A few extra ounces per day, no big deal. My first AF came and went and supply was untouched, so I thought I was fine. Second AF came, and my supply took a 25% hit. DS nursed for much longer than before, I couldn't pump as much, it was rough. I assumed that after the first couple days of my period my supply would bounce right back up, but it hasn't really. It came back a little bit (I'm pumping enough for him to eat during the day again) but not as much as I used to get. It's very frustrating. DS also seems to nurse for longer than he used to in order to get full. I feel like I spend all day at work pumping for barely enough, and then all evening with him feeding. We hardly get to play anymore because all he wants to do is feed all night.

He eats some solids, but only a few spoonfuls a few times a day. He hasn't increased his solids intake at all in the past week or two, definitely not enough to impact my supply. If anything, he is nursing more.

Am I just permanently taken down a notch? Is it a hormonal thing? Will it ever go back to the way it was before AF reappeared?

So it's just me then? I wonder if something else is causing it...

LO feeds as much or more than ever, still through the night at least 3 times, I don't know.

I only had a couple times I ovulated in between return of ovulation and conception, but both times my supply decreased the entire week of ovulation and took another week to return to "normal". Most of the women in support group notice a difference the entire week of their period, no matter how many days they bleed. You might not have ovulated for your first bleed ("warning period", lol) and that's why there was no difference that first time.
You're still on supply and demand, if you keep the same amount of nipple stimulation and allowing him to feed on demand, your supply will increase again. You might have unfortunately gotten your monthly visit at the same time your son decided to hit a growth spurt, too. I would just ride it out in your situation and see how things look in another week or so, then reassess. I hear that your first periods tend to be hormonal doozies. It might not be as bad next month or the month after, but I can't speak from experience. gl, and hugs!

It is now CD13, so my period is long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->