Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

Rockinmomtobe

Reaction score
Hello Ladies I know you're out there....
It looks like there was a thread a little under a year ago for plus size women TTC #1. It's abandoned now, so I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in one now.

A little about me:
I'm 26 yo, about 5'6 and 190 lbs. At my heaviest I was 320, that was a few years ago, so the weight is coming off slowly. It can be done! I eat healthy (most of the time-I <3 chocolate lol) and exercise regularly.
This is our first month TTC #1. I'm excited and nervous!

I worry about the little things with being overweight that I know I'd like support for....I worry no one will know Im pregnant until Im ready to pop! What a nightmare. I worry that my OH will think Im gross (he wont, probably, he's pretty great).

Obviously, I'm new to the journey and would love some of you ladies to join me :hugs:

Hey, so glad to hear about other who are plus size and ttc. We have been trying for only about three months . I have very irregular periods so we don't know when or if I am ovulating. Just received our ovulation test strips in the mails today as we bought them online. Hope we have some luck! I am getting frustrated. early I know but can't be helped. Looking forward to making some friends and sharing some experiences.

Welcome Lizzy25! Good luck and keep us posted on how everything is going. I'm glad yo stopped by!

I am in for sure! I am about 60 lbs overweight and on my second cycle of TTC. Being a student, I certainly don't exercise as much as I would like but I do try to get out to the gym at least a couple of times a week. Good to find a thread such as this one, and also I was excited to see an article the other day geared toward overweight/BBW TTC or pregnant that pooh-poohed all this talk about how if you are over your ideal weight you are destined for gestational diabetes, etc. Obviously if you are putting in the effort to eat a healthy diet and staying active, there is no reason to believe that you will have anything other than a perfectly normal pregnancy and delivery.

I should join this thread too. I am 28 years old, 5'3 and about 205lbs. I would like to lose about 50-60lbs. I put on a ton (30 lbs) of weight after my wedding because I think I stopped caring about my looks (bad news!)

Well my husband and I are currently on Neurta-systems and I try to exercise 5 days a week and if we aren't exercising we promised each other we would take the dogs for a long walk. Since we just recently started our diet I have lost 5 lbs. I know it will slow down eventually, but I am already feeling better!

rockinmomtobe- AWESOME job losing so much weight! Very impressive!

Hi guys so glad there are others out there! I'm overweight too - I have always been so but last year especially as I was in a horrendous job that I have since left but has left me with a few extra stone unfortunately. I think I'm about 200lbs... Give or take. I have switched to a job in retail where I am on my feet all day and have look presentable so I am hoping this will help. Oh and obviously the thought of a bfp too! I was o'ing on cd20 but this month I seem to have o'd on cd14 which is encouraging. We have been ttc for 10 months. Hope we all get to be bump buddies :hugs:

I'm so excited that you guys are responding! I don't feel so alone anymore!

Maybe.Baby-thanks so much for the info about gestational diabetes. That's my biggest fear, but you're so right, it doesnt have to go that way if we're doing everything we can to be healthy :)

Goldstns- thanks so much & I totally know what you mean about not caring what you look like, I get like that about every six months lol, but Im getting better. Keep it up!

Try2FindBaby- I'm currently at a not so great office job where I sit most of the day, I hate it! Well, I hate sitting all day anyway and I came to this job from childcare where I was moving ALL the time, it made a huge difference in my weight. I know exactly what you mean....welcome!

So.....Where are you ladies in your cycles? I haven't O'd yet, but it's my first month off BC, so I'm not entirely sure if Im going to O or not. But right now, we're just DTD whenever the mood strikes and keeping our fingers crossed! I'll keep you all updated!

I am at CD 10. however do to hormonal issues I don't really know what to expect with each cycle. We have an appointment with a fertility doc on the 21st. Hopefully all goes well and I can get on some track to get my body more predictable.

This month we are just BD every other day and when I am most fertile (which I track with temps, CM and OPK's) then we will BD every day for a little bit. Otherwise I try not to let myself symptom spot during the 2WW (actually got good at this) and this months I am going to try to relax and NO stress allowed. Anything that normally stresses me out (aka family) will be put on hold right now.

I am supposedly 3dpo but ff isn't 100% sure! So test date is 16th jan unless af visits first :thumbup:

Hi ladies. I would love to join you.

DH and I have been TTC for a bit over a year now. I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I am currently 5'4" and 235 lbs. I have gained 100 lbs since quitting smoking 2 years ago. The doctors could not figure out why I kept gaining weight, but now that my RE diagnosed me with anovulation/PCOS, I was FINALLY sent in for glucose testing. Turns out I'm very insulin resistant. Right now my RE is trying to get my meds sorted out. He doesn't want me to trying to lose weight until he gets my insulin under control because weight fluctuations make it harder for him to get me stable and keep me O'ing.

I am very happy for the diagnosis though. I have had weight problems off and on for my whole life and could never keep my weight down without starving myself. (And even then I was always heavier than I'm supposed to be.) When I turned 12 years old I weighed 120 lbs and by the time I was 15, I weighed 220. I only managed to lose the weight my going down to 900 calories a day an exercising 3-4 hours a night. I still can't believe my mother never took me to a doctor! (I'm actually a bit angry at her. All these years of fatigue, depression, weight issues, irregular cycles, et, could have been so much better had I just been seen about all of this as a child!)

Once I get PG, DH said he's we can sign up for a home delivery meal plan that regulates calorie intake. They serve only all-organic free-range food, so it will be very healthy for pregnancy. My doctor has cleared me to lose weight during pregnancy, so I will be doing that for sure.

Now I just need to get everything sorted out and get that BFP!

Hi ladies, looking forward to some BFPs with you!

PinkSprinkles- how frustrating that must have been for you! I'm glad you've figured out what the problem was and are getting everything sorted out. Keep us all posted and best of luck with everything, especially a BFP!

So, question for you ladies- any suggestions for filling healthy snacks? Im pretty good with fruit, but sometimes the same old thing gets boring. I've heard almonds work pretty well.

OMG love this thread lol Im 25 and have gained alt of weight since getting married, I guess I kind of let myself go since then but Im trying to get back down to what I was I high school. Anyways we have ben trying for about 2 and half years but I have irregular cycles so we are having some issues on my part. Sometimes wonder if ttc and trying to lose weight go hand in hand because you lose weight and then you get pregnant and then you have to start all over lo but I guess losing weight increases your chances of getting pregnant or at least thats what doctors say. I've seen plus size women get pregnant with no problems what so ever so 'm not sure how much I believe my doctor when she says that my weight is an issue. Good luck everyone ttc!!!

Welcome Jena! I have similar thoughts in regards to losing weight and then getting pregnant. Sometimes I think why bother, Imjust going to get fat again. And then I remember it's for the best, for me and my future bean. I think you're right though, I've seen plenty of overweight women get pregnant and have very healthy pregnancies. So, that's always a positive. Keep us updated on how you're doing and where you're at with testing!

snack suggestions: Avocado (I like them just as they are), hummus and veggies, hard boiled eggs (on Sunday I boil a bunch of them and leave them in my fridge), there are some healthier crackers with low fat cheese, almonds.... Hope that helps

I should be starting my 1st round of clomid for the second time, I've tried it before but I was taken off of it so that my doc could try to figure out why I didn't have regular AF but no answer on that so here I go again with the clomid lol. Right now Im at 255 which is the biggest I have ever been I'm hoping to lose at least 80lbs not only for my health but me and my husband have decided to renew our wedding vows in 2015. We have been through so much in our relationship and a lot of people have their doubts about us because there was some issues on my part 3 years ago, I got depressed and started drinking real bad and doing drugs and almost cheated on my husband but now we couldn't be happier and I love him more then life itself and I guess it just feels like its the right thing to do. Sorry about this I'm just in a talking mood and my husband who is on 2nd shift is still asleep lol. He is such a great man and he wants a baby so bad and I do as well so I'm hoping and praying that this round of clomid make our already perfect family complete.

I should join this thread too. I am 28 years old, 5'3 and about 205lbs. I would like to lose about 50-60lbs. I put on a ton (30 lbs) of weight after my wedding because I think I stopped caring about my looks (bad news!)

Well my husband and I are currently on Neurta-systems and I try to exercise 5 days a week and if we aren't exercising we promised each other we would take the dogs for a long walk. Since we just recently started our diet I have lost 5 lbs. I know it will slow down eventually, but I am already feeling better!

I know exactly what you mean, as soon as I was married I thought I well I'll be pregnant soon so there is no need to worry- that was six months ago and I have put on a lot as result.

I will be a serious plus size momma!

I would love to be a part if this thread I am 25 and my DH is 24 and we are currently in our 6th cycle ttc#1. This is my first cycle using the cbfm and I am hoping it works for us, also before this I had been on the depo for 3 years.

I would really love it if we could keep this thread going as plus sized mommas to be

X

I agree with keeping this post going, its such a relief to know there are plus size women like me that are having a hard time getting pregnant. Getting pregnant is hard just by itself but adding losing weight to that is double the headache lol

I went to my doctors to break in the topic, I had heard on forums that they can be disapproving but he just smiled and said of course he was on my side which was reassuring as I am very plus sized

So where is everyone in their current cycle?

I am cd10 in a 26 day cycle on my first month of using cbfm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->