Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

Hi. I have been stalking this thread and have decided to join. I am 27 OH 36. I am 5'2.5" weigh 183. Over the past 6 months I lost 25 pounds with eating right and doing a lil exercise (Zumba and Hip Hop Dance). I am just now starting to do spin classes. We are NTNP at this moment. I have 0 kids and he has 3 kids.

Remember it takes 3 weeks to make a change and stick to it so keep pushing forward for all those just starting an exercise program and do something that is fun because you are more likely to stick to it.

Welcome Jiggybean! Congrats on your recent weight loss, thats great! And you're right abot finding an exercise thats fun. Thats my problem recently. Im at the gym frequently, but I get bored easily lol. Those dance classes sound like fun. How long have you been NTNP?

Only for 2 months....In the past I was TTC but it became too stressful so I took a year off and just enjoyed life. Now I am back and just taking it easy.

:D Glad there are some others! I am 205 my heaviest was 275! We started ttc in September and in December I started trying to lose weight and now we're eating so much healthier. I was always curious if I was the only overweight gal. None of my friends who are TTC are over weight, except one and she never has issues getting pregnant.

Will anyone in this thread be testing around the 26 th jan ish? Fingers crossed this month with my cbfm, hope everyone's weekend is going well

Will anyone in this thread be testing around the 26 th jan ish? Fingers crossed this month with my cbfm, hope everyone's weekend is going well

I believe I will be testing around then. However my cycles are all over the place so I never know.

OMG :dohh:....I am sooooo messed up :shrug:......today my bestie helped me to realize that I have been counting the days between my cycle all wrong....so with the new calculations I would be due for :witch: on January 18.

Ladies I am gutted. Dh and I had been bding so well since last af ended and 3 days before o he reveals that he's not in the mood and exhausted. He does suffer from depression but I am so angry and frustrated and the horrible thing is I have to see the chart everyday when I temp. It feels like a wasted month which we could do without after 10 months ttc. Not feeling good right now.

I have just realised that if AF had of regulated I would have had a visit by now! Still nothing so thinking I'm not back 2 normal. I no I got my hopes up 2 soon! :( I got a call from a friend last night 2 tell me she is 4 months pregnant she is also plus size and told me it was an accident (a happy one) off course I'm happy for her but the green eyed monster came out in force!! Tho it shows that there is hope!

I don't know if I'm going 2 O in the month so I was going 2 ask what's the best way for me 2 track if I am or going 2? I no that may sound silly but I am the most forgetful person and didn't think there was much point trying 2 track it but if there is something I can do 2 get that BFP ill do it!

Goldstns-fantastic some one to wait the long wait with!

Jiggybean-does that mean you have o'd already this month l? Where you expect a later AF? Fingers crossed you caught anyway! It's so gutting when you miss a month (((((hugs)))

Try2findbaby-I'm sorry :( maybe he will feel better before the big o, it is so difficult when men don't want to and you feel like the build up for the month has anticlimaxed

1sdrfa-the only way I know how to chart is with my cbfm, sorry not be a help

Wish I could wave a fertile wand a give everyone the bfps they deserve-sending bady dust

G x

So ive been on a diet for 4 days now and ive been walking and i feel great, my husband told me to only weigh myself once a month so that i dont get discouraged but you know even if i dont lose alot in the first month it will be okay because i love how great i feel and that alone is good enough for me.

Geenabee- i am so lost with my temps and tracking. FF gave me dotted cross lines, but my temps were not supper high this morning. Now sure what to think :( With out a +OPK (because I didn't do it right this month) I am not confident.

Jena- I totally hear yah! It makes you feel better. To be honest, my doc told me when you work out you release endorphins that make you happier. So keep up the good work!

My DH has lost 9 lbs and I have lost 7lbs since new years. Good start for us. He said to me yesterday "Im glad we are doing this together, I appreciate it. " It does feel good. However I record my weight 1 time a week in the morning on the same day of the week.

Thanks goldstns, my husband went walking with me today and for the first time in a while we actually talked. It was nothing important we just talked. I think a healthy marriage makes trying to have a baby easier especially after ttc for over 2 years.

so i saw this thread and thought i just had to chime in
i battle with my weight constantly for those of us who know what it is like living your life as a heavy woman you know it is a life long battle
at my heaviest i was 265 and the last time i weighed myself i was 230 (so not where want to be but hey at least its down and not up)
my best friend weighed 360 pounds and got pregnant - since she delievered 2 years ago she has lost 140 pounds - she does nothing i tell you, no exercise, no diet (i have seen her eat 3 bowls of icecream in a row) how does she loose weight?! i swear it is because she had a baby- it changes your hormones, and she is much more busy being a mom than being a bum like she was before, and here i am who i work out all the time and really try to watch what i eat and i lose nothing! ugh so frustrating
in no way am I saying that i want to have a baby to help me loose weight, i am just saying i am tired of waiting to conceive until i loose it, we are offically TTC for our 2nd month now and i am hoping this is our lucky month
i worry that people will not know i was pregnant until they see me with a new baby lol how horrible would that be i always wanted to have that cute pregnant belly when i was carrying my child but that may not be in the cards for me, nor is it really important the thing that is the most important to me is having a child to call my own.
although having good health will help me with the pregnancy and i also want to be a healthy mom for my child, being overweight i know the health risks that come with being overweight long term and if i do have a child ever i want to be there for it
its so very hard and frustrating . . . and emotional
i am glad to hear that there are others out there like myself

Whats worse is when someone ask how far along you are. Then when you say oh im not pregnant, its so embarassing. You would think people wouldnt be so rude. Anyways good luck and i hope this is all of our lucky month!!!

Whats worse is when someone ask how far along you are. Then when you say oh im not pregnant, its so embarassing. You would think people wouldnt be so rude. Anyways good luck and i hope this is all of our lucky month!!!

I was overweight most of my life - I now weigh about 165, and am 5'7", so I'm not quite average, but not too bad either. Anyway, I had to comment on this - I NEVER EVER ask ANYONE about a pregnancy, suspected or otherwise, until the information is offered. Even if they are 9 months preggo and with the baby hanging halfway out already, no comments from me. Probably the worst thing in the world you can say to a woman. :growlmad:

I had someone tell me congrats on the pregnancy and this guy was a stranger. It made me feel so bad. I told him that i wasnt and of all things he says sorry you just look pregnant. I was at work so i just went on break before i said something that wouls get me fired lol

I can chime in on this. Just the other day my co-worker said "hows the pregnant like?" I said "i wish i knew, I just gained weight because of the holidays." I think he felt bad, and said "oh i thought you told me you were prego, must have been someone else..."

GRRRR....hate it!

I can chime in on this. Just the other day my co-worker said "hows the pregnant like?" I said "i wish i knew, I just gained weight because of the holidays." I think he felt bad, and said "oh i thought you told me you were prego, must have been someone else..."

GRRRR....hate it!

I meant to type..."hows the pregnante LIFE?"

Goldstns-fantastic some one to wait the long wait with!

Jiggybean-does that mean you have o'd already this month l? Where you expect a later AF? Fingers crossed you caught anyway! It's so gutting when you miss a month (((((hugs)))

Try2findbaby-I'm sorry :( maybe he will feel better before the big o, it is so difficult when men don't want to and you feel like the build up for the month has anticlimaxed

1sdrfa-the only way I know how to chart is with my cbfm, sorry not be a help

Wish I could wave a fertile wand a give everyone the bfps they deserve-sending bady dust

G x

I am unsure as I don't temp or use OPKs. We just do the deed alot. :happydance:

Hi ladies :)
My name is Ashley. 26 years old|5'2"|227lbs
I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to TTC. My fiancee and I have decided we are ready & honestly thought once we stopped preventing it would just happen. We BD'ed all month last month & according to my temps I didn't ovulate at all. I didn't use OPK's just took temp. So needless to say we didn't end up pregnant.
I'm taking this month to just track my temps(without BD'ing since DF is out of town) to see if I ovulate. If not we shall go from there :)
Thank you tons for making this group. I look forward to being part of the conversation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->