Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

hey ladies..i'm 24 y/o, about 5"6' and 270...sad to see it written before my eyes :( our 3rd month trying to make a baby...came off BCP september 11th, mid-pack...i'm a maternity nurse, work full-time night shift, so haven't delved into the opk's quite yet..not trying to be a debbie downer, but some people here (this site) get crazy..we've been doing this for millions of years..my husband and i just enjoy each other more the week i'm supposed to ovulate..if it doesn't happen in the next few months, i guess i'll start exploring opk's and stuff, my parents took 9 months to conceive me, so it's not uncommon, ya know?

So glad to see and hear from so many of you! This is exactly what this thread was for! We can talk about anything and everything, not just weight issues.

Just an update for me this week...I'm approximately CD 10 or 11 (thats my guess, since its my first month off BC) and I've lost 3 lbs since Sunday, so Im a pretty happy camper. OH and I have been :sex: everyother day since the end of my last AF and will probably start everyday for the next few days and keep our fingers crossed!

currently my cycles confuse me... but I believe I am on CD12 of irregular cycles. So I never know what that means....

hi can i join please i am a very overweight (although have lost 7 stone still a long way to go. i came off my pill half way through December have just finished AF. do u need to visit the doctors before getting pregnant as im worried that mine will talk me out of it due to my size any advice would be good

hi can i join please i am a very overweight (although have lost 7 stone still a long way to go. i came off my pill half way through December have just finished AF. do u need to visit the doctors before getting pregnant as im worried that mine will talk me out of it due to my size any advice would be good

Hi Mrs Stokes!

I happened to be at my doctor's for something else and brought up the topic with him and he said all I needed to do was take my folic acid which I already was doing, he said we would only bring up my weight if it was the reason I was having an issue btw amazing weight loss well done

Nice to have you on board!

Hi Mrs Stokes! First off a big congrats on the weight loss, Im not entirely sure how many pounds that is, but I think a stone is around 14lbs....that so awesome!

I talked a little with my doctor about my weight as well and it doesnt seem to concern her and she said if it became a problem we'd worry about it then. But, I would suggest, if it makes you feel better, to go ahead and talk to the doctor. It can't hurt!

Welcome!

I'm at CD23 and hoping my AF arrives on time this month.

Hey ladies - I am cd19 (ff decided I didn't o on cd14 after all) and my dh has decided he's not in the mood. I o tomorrow. I am so frustrated - we wait all month for these two days and now he cries off. Well I am not particularly in the mood either but it has to happen to create a baby! Aaaaahhhhhh so sorry just needed to vent :flower:

:( I'm sorry try2findbaby, it still counts tomorrow as well! Tomorrow morning you could surprise him! It is frustrating that you wait all month for just 2 little days

Hi Ladies!

I'd love to join you as well! I actually lost about 20 pounds before my wedding (october 2012) but I've already gained 10 of it back. I'm kicking myself right now...but since we have just started TT C Iam getting myself back in gear!

I'm 32 and my husband is 38...I'm 5'7 and about 205 right now and my ultimate goal would be about 150-160.

CD 27 either 13 or 11 dpo but we didn't BD much this month since we were at my parent's for the holidays and his parent's for New Years. Annoying AF should come at some point this weekend.

I'm excited to find this support group and I hope we all get those BFPs soon!

Hey all,
so everyone is posting all these days in their cycle. I have no idea where i am since i don't get my period what so ever. Only on the pill.

I have been temperature charting for about a week and these reading are all over the place i kinda gave up as they aren't making a bit of sense.

I'm 5"2 And 280 lbs. I gained all this weight when i was on antidepressants. Now its so hard to get rid of but we are signing up to the gym tomorrow. I hurt my knee last week as a result of my weight so now i even more afraid of what will come i and when we get pregnant.

My doctor also just said to try and eat healthy and take vitamins. He wasn't too concerned about my weight either, this kinds concerns me though....

Hi Mitzy424!

I hope your AF arrives soon so you can get bd'ing again after your Christmas break, I know what you mean that when you go back to your families it can get a little awkward to bd! My mother in law puts us in a little caravan right in front of the kitchen window and I feel like everyone can tell!

Lizzy25, that must be really frustrating for you not being able to tell your CD, did you doctor give you a time frame for when AF would come back? Or do you just not get them? Good luck at the gym today!

I am on Cd11 today (I was hoping for a peak on my Cbfm but still just a high) bd'ing everyday at the mo because everything in me wants this to be my month! I know we all do but it's like I believe more this month

I don't think I have been bd'ing enough these last 5 cycles, I let a post on here the other day saying I just don't have a self confidence so I don't want to, I feel at my most unsexy because I am at my heaviest, it is one of those things you kinda need to do to have a baby

Hope everyone has a great day!

Btw guys I am not up at 3.12 am, I am in the UK and it is a respectable 9.12am here

What a great thread!! :) I have recently been 2 c someone as I came of the pill a year ago and had got my 1st period in over a year in december I don't think I've very been as excited 2 c AF but when I was on the pill I pilled on a lot of weight (was never slim but my weight wasn't ever 2much of an issue) when I went 2 the doc he said at the min its not a fertility issue they he would encourage me 2 lose the weight because it is safer for me and the baby (if I ever get one!) I thought I was one of the only ones out there and like the rest of u I 2 know plenty of people who are plus sized and have babies! So that gives me hope. I do hope we get our BFP's soon! And 2 all u lovely ladies thank you for where else would I get 2 vent! :)

Oh and I'm 26 my DH is 31 he already has a daughter who lives with us she is 5 and my whole world but I can't help but feel it is me letting them both down cause I haven't been able 2 help expand our family! Hopefully ill be able 2 tell them soon! :)

Welcome to all the new faces!

Well as you all predicted (because of my EWCM) my temps went up today. So maybe I O-ed recently.... but who knows. I wasn't really all out doing OPK's because I usually don't O until about CD20 and I am on CD13. However with the increase in meds in Dec maybe my cycles will be the "normal" 28-ish days and not 50 days. The OPK's I did use randomly this week were expired in Nov. So I don't know how good they were anyways. I never got any sort of second line on them. However I didn't want to use my good ones when I didn't think I was close to O day. Anyways, I hope I o-ed because our BD this past week was really nice and relaxing because we weren't stressed about O-ing..... so maybe its my month... fingers crossed!

Welcome to all the new faces!

Well as you all predicted (because of my EWCM) my temps went up today. So maybe I O-ed recently.... but who knows. I wasn't really all out doing OPK's because I usually don't O until about CD20 and I am on CD13. However with the increase in meds in Dec maybe my cycles will be the "normal" 28-ish days and not 50 days. The OPK's I did use randomly this week were expired in Nov. So I don't know how good they were anyways. I never got any sort of second line on them. However I didn't want to use my good ones when I didn't think I was close to O day. Anyways, I hope I o-ed because our BD this past week was really nice and relaxing because we weren't stressed about O-ing..... so maybe its my month... fingers crossed!

Oops that was meant for a different tread... sorry! But I did want to welcome all the new faces... its nice to know we aren't alone.

Welcome, welcome everyone!

Goldstns-Im keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hate when our bodies do strange things, lol.

Mitzy424-Im glad Im not the only one with an onry OH. Sometimes I think he just doesn't get it, lol. GL with getting him into bed and Ill keep my FX for you :)

Lizzy- Have fun at the gym, what do you do while you're there. Im getting a little bored with my workouts, any suggestions?

Gennabee- Im with you on the self confidence issues. They suck, but Im sure you're beautiful and youre OH loves you exactly the way. I try and keep that in mind when we bed and it seems to be helping me. GL

1sdrfa- I'm keeping my FX that your cycle returns to normal. I just recently came off BC and am hoping things get flowing quickly, lol. Glad you're here!

Nothing too new with me....I think OH thinks Im a little nuts. Since I havent been tracking anything and this is my first month off BC, we've been DTD almost everyday. Im afraid Im going to tire him out lol! I just want to be sure IF I do ovulate, that we don't miss it by skipping a few days in bed.
Also, have any of you heard that its better to consistantly DTD instead of waiting until being close to O? I saw something yesterday about sperm being old and not swimming as well.....that makes me laugh.

I have heard that rockin but I think you might miss it otherwise and if you bd every day there will be strong uns as well!

Thank you for that , I have really made an effort this month to bd every day, that sounds awful on my DH but you know what I mean

Think of all the calories we are all burning!

Hi. I have been stalking this thread and have decided to join. I am 27 OH 36. I am 5'2.5" weigh 183. Over the past 6 months I lost 25 pounds with eating right and doing a lil exercise (Zumba and Hip Hop Dance). I am just now starting to do spin classes. We are NTNP at this moment. I have 0 kids and he has 3 kids.

Remember it takes 3 weeks to make a change and stick to it so keep pushing forward for all those just starting an exercise program and do something that is fun because you are more likely to stick to it.

Hi. I have been stalking this thread and have decided to join. I am 27 OH 36. I am 5'2.5" weigh 183. Over the past 6 months I lost 25 pounds with eating right and doing a lil exercise (Zumba and Hip Hop Dance). I am just now starting to do spin classes. We are NTNP at this moment. I have 0 kids and he has 3 kids.

Remember it takes 3 weeks to make a change and stick to it so keep pushing forward for all those just starting an exercise program and do something that is fun because you are more likely to stick to it.

Welcome Jiggybean! Congrats on your recent weight loss, thats great! And you're right abot finding an exercise thats fun. Thats my problem recently. Im at the gym frequently, but I get bored easily lol. Those dance classes sound like fun. How long have you been NTNP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->