Support post mums with toddlers and sickness

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies i thought it would be nice to have a group to chat in about how we feel and coping as we go through the yucky first trimester. I absolutely loved my last pregnancy once i got to 12 weeks. It was magical!!! But between 5-12 weeks i felt pretty queasy!

I am only 5 weeks tomorrow but yesterday i started feeling it in the pit of my stomach. I felt queasy through the night and felt better this morning. It came back a little mid morning and then it has hit me again at teatime. I know the nausea will get a lot stronger in the next 2-4 weeks and i am feeling anxious and emotional about it all. Mainly because i hate being sick and feeling sick, but also my life is going to change in a huge way. Before i only had me to think about. I napped and whinged and ate when i wanted. Now i have a 2 year old who will wake me in the night. Need feeding and looking after. Im feeling pretty scared of how bad things can be.

Ive reasoned that she can lay in bed with me in my bad hours and watch cbeebies. I can bring her a lunchbox of food up to eat if im that bad.
Ive got wristbands mints a morning sickness lipbalm and ginger tea in.

So yeah anyone want to go through the next month or so together? Xx

Yes!

Past week or so my sickness starts as soon as I wake up. My 1 year old wakes and needs her nappy done and her morning bottle so I need to hold myself together until I've sorted her.

I can't sit around and feel sorry for myself though as I've got three kids to feed, clean and get ready to do the school run before 8.30.

Quite often I'm sick every 20 minutes between 7am until it eases around 10am.

First tri is hellish!

Yesss it's so hard!!! I am sick as us and picked up a nasty sinus infection and have twin almost 2 year olds. They need so much and I am so drained I fall asleep before they do. I feel so guilty :/ I can't keep up. I just keep them to sleep in my room so if I fall asleep I know there on and i am right there. I really hope 2nd trip gets better.

I wish you ladies lots of luck it's hard!! I definitely think this should be considered a super power lol.

Hi ladies how are you? Ive only felt mildly queasy at random times usually abit at night. Feeling abit anxious about when it's actually going to hit me. I am guessing next week will be the start of the bad bit. Im just trying to keep calm but i am dreading it. I dont want to struggle to look after dd for weeks. I dont want to put any more pressure on my oh who works long hours and does nappies and cleaning to help when he can. I hate this bit :-( xx

How are you both feeling today? Xx

Hi anyone want to join in. I am feeling abit more yuck everyday. Im
Praying it wont get much worse. I feel queasy if i dont eat regular but all the remedies taste gross like dry biscuits etc. most drinks leave a gross taste on the back of my tongue. Im cleaning my teeth several times a day to try get rid of the taste.

Ughh how am i gunna make it through another month and half of this :-( im feeling really lonley as darnt go out far x

Two things that helped me the most during this pregnancy were plain egg noodles with a little salt, and also no to morning sickness tea. Everybody says saltines, but I couldn't choke them down!

I'm feeling very normal which freaks me out. I have had a few moments where I felt really sick but the last few days I have been great. My boobs hurt and I'm feeling more tired but apart from that nothing x

I haven't had morning sickness but I am so exhausted all the time and so snappy. It's making me feel like an awful mom. My son is in kindergarten so I have been going back to sleep when he goes off to school in the morning but I am still too tired to function when I get him in the afternoon and every little thing he does makes me crazy. I feel so awful. I love him so much. I hope this passes soon.

I've been feeling pretty crappy too lately, worse this week than before but the nausea just comes in waves. The only thing that helps is frequent eating, the healthier the better too! I'm enjoying apples and grapes, I guess the crunchy sweetness is just what I need :)

My son keeps waking up at 5.30 too which isn't helping with the exhaustion! Feel bad that I don't have the energy for him in the morning, If I could just get him to sleep an extra hour I might be able to function!

It is so hard being forced awake early! Dd is usually awake between 6 and 6.30 and its a long day ahead from that time. I know u shouldn't wish your life away but im just wanting time to go as fast as possible for the next few weeks. My nausea is definitely random so im not sure why some days it's worse than others and why ot strikes at different times each day. Without all this pregnancy would be a much nicer experience wouldn't it. Im definitely not doing it again. I feel snappy and mardy too. Hardly left the house. I dont know where to start most days. Toddler is trashing everywhere and we are doing our bedroom up so half way through putting wardrobes up. Feel so wound up from everything being a mess. I cant concentrate on mg usual jobs at the mo, to top it off to I probably need to sort my hair and eyebrows out before i can consider going far lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->