Supposed to be induced at 12day's late, but had an almost natural birth!

2RockinBoys

Mummy of 2 squishy boy's!
Reaction score
I was due to have my baby November 5th, though as the title suggest's, he ended up being 12 day's late! I had a sweep at T+2, and at my MW appointment the following week, I was booked in to go into hospital to be induced at T+11.
So, Wednesday 16th, I call up and keep getting told to ring back later as labour/delivery are too busy to have me in. At my 2PM phone call, I was expecting them to tell me that I would have to wait until the following morning. Instead, I get told that I can go in for 4PM! So, our 2year old was already out with his aunt, and we called her to say he'd be staying the night with her as we we're going in. Got everything ready, and got a thick shake from good ol' Mc Donald's on the way there! By 6PM we we're back out, as I was too far dialated for her to put the pictocin(sp?) in as there was a chance it would go up my cervix :wacko: but again labour/delivery was too busy to have me go up there for them to break my water's and let it all happen. So I had a 'good' sweep done, and was told to ring up in the morn as I would be a priority to get in.
By about 4AM I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I was having contraction's that we're manageable but breathtaking, roughly every 10min's. 8AM Thursday 17th I ring up, and get told to go in for 9:30AM. We got ready, and called a taxi, getting there about 10min's earlier than we needed too. So we got taken to our room, and can hear another woman in another room screaming (poor thing!) They put me on a monitor to see how my contractions and baby's heart beat were, and by 10:20AM they broke my water's, and said that in 4hour's they would check to see how I was doing, and if I was doing well on my own I would continue, but if I wasn't dilating fast enough they would put me on the hormone drip. As soon as that was done, my contraction's really started to pick up! By 11AM I asked for gas and air as it was getting too much and I needed something to take the edge off of it. I bounced on a birthing ball holing onto the bed, then my back really started to hurt, so I got onto the bed, sat slightly back. After a while my back started hurting even more, and my contractions were getting more and more painful. I got onto my knee's and put my arm's onto the back to the bed, then my body started to push uncontrollably! Now 15min's before my 4hour check, my student MW come's in to check on me, and my OH tell's her I need to push. The MW come's in and say's to go with it, and bring's in the baby ressus (as they do). I didn't see her doing it, but I knew she was and I started to freak out, crying uncontrollably. My OH asked me what was wrong, and I said I'm scared. He asked what are you scared of? And I replied, I'm scared of the pain! :haha: I then decided I didn't want to be on my knee's, so I turned to sit on the bed as I was before. Student MW on my right, MW on my left with OH. They tell me to push with my contractions, so I did. I started screaming in agony (I was only on gas and air!) and I shouted "This better be the whole f***ing head!!", but it was only to his ear's! I had to wait for my next contraction which felt like forever, then I pushed out the rest of the head. Again, felt like I was waiting forever for my next contraction for the last push. I was sucking on the gas and air like there was no tomorrow, my OH said to me, don't use it if you don't need it, and I hissed back I NEED IT, which the MW's didn't disagree with, and promptly said they weren't about to take it off me! Last push and he was here! 14:09 my gorgeous baby boy was born November 17th weighing a healthy 8lbs exactly! I gave myself a 2nd degree tear (from my old scar apparently -first son-) and a few grazes, which surprisingly hurt more than the tear..??!! but other than that it was a very successful as close to natural birth as I wanted! Everything is going well, we were home by 8PM that evening, and breastfeeding is going as well as I could hope for (boob's are a bit sore now milk has come in, very full!)
Thanx for reading, and good luck to all ladies who are in the process of baking there bun's!
Here's a few pix of my beautiful boy, Elyjah V Westwood

Attachments

• 100_1926.jpg
    100_1926.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1989.jpg
    100_1989.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00908.jpg
    DSC00908.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1914.jpg
    100_1914.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1909.jpg
    100_1909.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 24
Simply cute!! I hope you are getting some rest as well. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Aww what a fantastic story, and your Elyjah is just perfect! Thanks for sharing it all :flower: x

this was an amazing birth story:]
hope your recovering well and little Elyjah is doing good as well
xx

Thanx ladies, I can't believe he's a week old already! :hugs:

congratulations!!! sorry for the late reply - I lol-ed my head of at I NEED IT! lol I said a similar thing to the MW I had! :) lovin the never to small to rock outfit! its awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->