Sure I'm miscarrying but hospital say I'm not..

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
So firstly I am SO GRATEFUL I have a healthy, happy beautiful 11 month old.

But we do want him to have a close sibling, we started ttc again virtually straight away. I rarely ovulate (pcos) and my boy and most recent pregnancy were both conceived on clomid.

In August I lost the first one. I'd had faint hpts for a few days then they went negative, 2 days later the bleeding started.

Yesterday I was 5.5 weeks.
I'd had pink/ brown light spotting for
3 days but put it down to a yeast infection I had. But around lunchtime it became red and heavy. Like period heavy, by 6pm It got really painful and at 830 it was so painful we went to the hospital to rule out ectopic.
They run my hcg and it was 250 and said that was acceptable fora round 5 weeks. (I don't think it is especially since it had been 14 days since my first positive frer.)
I was having alot of low cramping and pressure and bleeding alot. They checked me and said the cervix was closed and my bleeding wasn't clotty so it more than likely wasn't miscarriage. They said no point doing an u/sound as hcg of 250 wouldn't show anything on a scan, and that they'd call me in a few days to organize repeat bloods/ check up, gave me a brochure on early pregnancy bleeding and sent me off. So now my husband is so happy thinking I'm still pregnant. Seriously, it's like the worst period of my life. Nothing could survive this.

I just did a hpt and here it is against my others

https://s11.postimg.org/3vr73e9lf/image.jpg

https://s11.postimg.org/bn7x1ydqr/image.jpg

image ru

Well your test doesnt look any lighter only way to truely know will be the repeat bloods im so sorry your having to go through this i have my fx your numbers go up

It's not clotty but there's alot of clear stringy mucus and all fresh red blood. Like the kind where in the time you've taken your clothes off b4 u get in the shower I was dropping bright red spots all over the floor.
And 250 is not high enough for 5.5 weeks.

I'm just so annoyed she's filled us with all this false hope. I mean when she pulled the speculum out everything and the bed were covered in blood.

Be sure and do your blood work at the same lab!

I'll be honest and say I really don't care too much for ER doctors as they aren't really specialized in OB. I've had some bad experiences with them in the past giving me differing diagnoses. Ugh, I'm sorry you are going through this. Hugs.

So sorry you are going through this. This is what happened to me during my ectopic. The bleeding eventually stopped and my hcg kept rising but we never saw a gestational sac at any of the following scans.

I hope this isn't the case for you and you are one of the many women who bleed and have healthy pregnancies. As mentioned before a second level will tell you a lot more. Will be thinking of you.

They just rang me and scheduled repeat bloods for tomorrow

So sorry ur going through this. I agree the last one doesn't look any lighter, but going by the dates on the tests I'd have thought they would have gone a fair bit darker in the time between tests ( with my first, on frers after the test line and control line were the same darkness like yours you could then see the test line get alot darker than the control line, till the control was hardly visible). But, as others have said, and as u know already, the only way to know is to repeat the blood test. Well all be keeping everything crossed for you. Xx

maybe u have a hematoma..i bled twice horribly thinking i lost the baby my last pregnancy and it was a hematoma

good luck hun xx

Hopeful - I remember you from ttc. I am keeping everything crossed for you. There have been so many posts on here recently about bleeding and all turns out fine so hoping that will be you too. I know how much you want this. Huge hugs, keep us updated xxxx

Thank u so much girls , but I've accepted it's over. We're on day 3 now and it's just like a period. My pain has eased at least. If my hcg result was better I may be optimistic, but 250 at 5+2 :(

So sorry Hun, I agree it sounds low when u think back at your positive tests. Really hope ur doing ok and getting looked after xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->